"Forks Fish-In"

miyawaki

An idea has been floated on another forum that has been gathering momentum:

How about a "Forks Fish-In."

Those of us that support Wild Steelhead Release make a show of force the first or second weekend in April. There are hundreds of us and I am sure enough of us could get together to fill the motel rooms, clog the diners, eateries and bars, create lines at the gas stations and book every guide in town.

The idea is to show those who are opposed to WSR and/or worried about what will happen to the town of Forks, that Wild Steelhead Release is good for Forks.

If a few hundred fishermen show up one weekend and tell the motel owners, the waitresses, the gas station clerks, the checkers at the Thriftway etc. etc. that "I am here because of Wild Steelhead Release and I will return because of Wild Steelhead Release."

Maybe we can make a differance, change some minds and maybe catch and release some wild steelhead to boot!

We'll keep you posted as the "Forks Fish-In" comes together.

Leland.

Count me in Leland and I am sure I have a crew of about 4-5 guys that will come out with me for we were in Forks for 4 1/2 days last weekend and all I got was a damn white fish!!

Mike

Nailknot

I think this is a bad idea. What's wrong with letting Forks exhaust thier political options, and us fishers just keep going and fishing. maybe an extra trip. But why the need for such a grandstand? If the point is supporting the locals, I don't see this as the way to do so. I can't imagine it will change any minds, but will present a very east target for those opposed. Especially if we all go out there one weekend, and then don't for the rest of April.
Just one man's view.

--------
Be the ball Danny
http://www.carlspackler.com/sounds/012.wav

Bob Triggs

Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
Leland,
If you can change that phrase to:"A Show of Support"; then you have mine and I will be there. But I'll probably be there anyway.

Great idea, Leland. I promise to be there unless things go south with my wife's health. We need to orchestrate this correctly. Just an idea: somebody dream up a nice looking format for a card to be printed by each of us in the number we feel necessary and leave one of these homemade cards at each business place we stop in. Hell, with a little effort, we could leave one at every business in town. Like:
SAVE FORKS! SAVE WILD STEELHEAD! SAVE THE WEST END!

THIS CARD IS SUBMITTED FOR YOUR ATTENTION. PLEASE NOTE THAT IT WAS GIVEN TO YOU BY A CUSTOMER OR CLIENT WITH THIS PURPOSE IN MIND: TO SAVE WILD STEELHEAD AND TO SAVE FORKS THROUGH ADDED TOURISM THESE WILD FISH WILL BRING.

THANKS AND PLEASE JOIN US IN THIS FIGHT TO SAVE THE LAST FEW WILD STEELHEAD. MAKE THIS TOWN A GLOBAL DESTINATION.
Well, just a thought for discussion.

Bob, the Shucks, I'll hand out fifty by myself.:rolleyes

TomB

I will have to do it in march seeing as i will be back at school for april, but I will make it heard that I am spending my pro-steelhead release dollars there!
-Tom

Flip

The dumb kid
ill look into being in. transportation is a big issue with me... but maybe i need to con the ole' dad into a trip to the op.. i know he wants to.. its just alot of talking. if i can get there, im in all the way

tom

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I supposed that wouldn't be so bad but the first weekend in April is the fish-in at Dry Falls Lake,which quite a few are going to. Just though that I would bring this up.

Jim

Andy I don't want to hear it I am jealous I fished the same waters and got skunked..............I actually believe it is because we hit the water way to late and by that time the fish were put down. My next trip out there I am going to be fishing at first light.

Who knows maybe I just suck at fishing..

Mike:thumb

mat1226

I like the idea of supporting the fishery. I will try to get to this.

Jim's point is a good one. A lot of folks will be going east. But there are a lot of people on this board. I have not been to the OP in a long time. Maybe I can talk my brother into coming along.

Mark