Easy pattern for Pinks?

G

golfman65

Josh, I really wouldn't sweat it a whole lot...they will hit just about anything sparse, pink or bright green, silver with a tiny bit of flash...purple or blue muddlers...All have done well in the rivers I've fished...swing...swing and strip....It's fun at first but it gets old pretty quick and when they start getting nasty you'll be dreading the hump...

Josh

dead in the water
Josh, I really wouldn't sweat it a whole lot...they will hit just about anything sparse, pink or bright green, silver with a tiny bit of flash...purple or blue muddlers...All have done well in the rivers I've fished...swing...swing and strip....It's fun at first but it gets old pretty quick and when they start getting nasty you'll be dreading the hump...
Oh I know it doesn't matter that much. Everyone's advice points to just getting something sparse and pink and getting it in the water.

But as this is one of my first tying attempts, I can use the info I learn for other stuff. I really have no idea what substitutes for what. So any of that info is useful to me.

KerryS

Ignored Member
Keep it simple.

Josh, learn to tie a woolly buggar they are easy and you can find tying instructions all over the internet then tie some using pink materials. It is all you need.

Dehlan G

Hook: Mustad 34011 size 6
Tail: Pink marabou (keep it short and sparse)
Body: Pink Glo-Bug Yarn (yes, wrapped tightly)
Upper Wing: Krystal Flash
Lower Wing: Flashabou

Smother the dumbell eye and head of the fly with a good amount of head cement.

It's an easy and quick tie with readily available materials. :thumb:

professori

self-important blowhard!!
Josh, tie any of the patterns you have been given, but in chartreuse as well. I have had lots of days when the humpies wouldn't hit until I switched from pink to chartreuse/green. I don't go out without both colours in my box.