Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Her new fly rod

Rod Building 
1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Matthew LeBret 
#1 ·
We have a 9 day trip up the North fork Clearwater starting this friday. I just got into building this being my 6th rod. My other half is just getting into fly fishing so I built her a Batson 804-4. She likes all shades of blues which worked out good. I went with prowrap 404- teal and HT Electra royal blue. I used chrome snake guides, Acrylic reel seat from winslow rods. I used a few colors of burl for the grip and shaped it to a Western style. So far so good...... she says she likes it but I kinda think its what she has to say :thumb:

View attachment 42869 View attachment 42870 View attachment 42871 View attachment 42872

#7 ·
Thank you fellas for all the words of encouragement. I picked up a cork jig that helped me out with the straight line cuts with the burl/cork, its fun playing around just to see what you can come up with for grips. If anyone is up in that neck of the woods next week feel free to stop and say hello. I will be from Aquarius to Kelly and everywhere in between.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.