6th Annual NW Flycasting Expo Sat Sept 23

Discussion in 'Events' started by Bob Triggs, Aug 2, 2006.

1. The Washington Council of The Federation of Flyfishers presents the

6th Annual Northwest Fly Casting Exposition (NWFCE)

Saturday September 23rd 2006

Tolt MacDonald Park, Carnation, WA

This is fun day at the park focusing on all aspects of fly casting including;

A chance to try out the latest fly rods by major manufacturers like Fetha Styx, Loomis, Orvis, Sage and Temple Forks Outfitters.

Fly tying demonstrations by some of the Northwest's best fly tiers.

A homespun barbeque for registered guests.

Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced casting classes taught by F.F.F. Certified Instructors.

Distance and Accuracy Casting Competition.

Youth Events for Ages 8-15.

Team Competitions.

For more information visit the F.F. F. website and Casting Event link at:

www.washingtoncouncilfff.org/NWFCE.htm

You can download the registration form and send it in per instructions!

Registered Entrants will be included in a drawing for a complete fly rod and reel outfit valued at $300.00 (Winner must be present at event).

Seriously, if you want to improve your casting this is a great way to get the help and support that you need for a more successful and satisfying flyfishing adventure. If you can't cast the fly you aren't even in the game.

2. Amen:thumb:

http://www.washingtoncouncilfff.org/NWFCE2006Classes.htm

Hope to see you folks there!

3. WoW, that's quite a line up!
    Is it necessary to register for specific classes in advance and how would one do that? Assuming I had 3 or 4 hours to spend, what would you guys recommend.
    FYI - I've been fishing for quite a while and am a decent caster (SH & 2H). There's always room for improvement though. Bob - I'd like a little one on one and a maybe couple tips to work on. I practice assorted casts at home but am probably ingraining flaws.
    It's an eye opener to watch guys who really CAN throw. Over the years I've seen some of these guys cast. Watched Steve throw one into the "cheap seats" at the King Dome many years ago. Unless you see it, you can't believe...
    Thanks

4. Bumped for timliness. Hope to see some of you folks there.

5. Whoa, Dejavu!!!!
    Three threads in two different forums for this event? Chris wouldn't permit two to announce an apacolypse. I didn't know this thing was such a big deal? I'm serious (by that I mean I'm really not be sarcastic). I was gonna skip out, but maybe I should reconsider? What does it cost to register? Are people camping out around there?