WTB 6wt beach rod

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by skiman5982, Jun 6, 2013.

1. skiman5982

skiman5982 Member

Looking for a 6wt saltwater rod. Please let me know if any of you guys and girls have a killer rod you are getting rid of.

2. Porter

Porter Active Member

I would check back here periodically...there have been a number of nice used rods going for good prices lately. If you want a killer rod you better have a few killer c notes! ;)

3. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

I have a 10' 6wt Echo Ion that I'll sell. I've used it a few times in the lakes, but never in the salt but it is a hell of a stick.

4. Drifter

Drifter Active Member

I have a Helio's 906-4 saltwater "REFURBISHED" ROD -SOCK-AND TUBE I would let go for $300 plus shipping on this site. it's like new and I only used it once. It's a fast rod "tip flex" it only weighs 2 3/4 ounce. I called Orvis because it is heavier than the 9' 6" 6 weight (2 5/8 OUNCE) and was told it is built like a 6 1/2 weight for saltwater use. real - real tight loops with this rocket! fighting butt. the tube is also 3 inches longer but still the beautiful composite tube of the Helio's. there is a "R" marked on the CORK handle for refurbished that I have not sanded off because I wouldn't want to sell it as non-refurbished. easy to sand off though!

I will be selling this rod soon anyway. just to fast for my liking for my slow stroke. It was built for tight loops and the saltwater wind. It would a great rod for that purpose.

5. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Both those sticks would make a fine beach rod. I fish a combo of both rods off the beach, a Helios 10' 6 wt, and it is a rocket. Personally I love the 10' length off the beach, and for many other applications, but that's just me. Either one of those rods would be perfect. Just depends on what you're looking to spend, and what features are more important.

Mark Kraniger likes this.
  6. taylor3633

taylor3633 Member

7. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Someone had a 697-4 Sage One for sale here recently at a great price.
    No pun intended, but that would be one killer beach stick.....provided Porter hasn't already bought it. :D
    I damn near bought it myself but will stick with the 697-4 XP and 9664S CPS for awhile longer.

8. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Brian, I think you should snatch that One up..... And then unload your XP on me :D

Jeff Dodd and Mark Kraniger like this.
  9. skiman5982

skiman5982 Member

Still looking for one. Had a couple offers that fell through. Thanks Ira for the offer but not a huge fan of the echo ion. If anyone has a rod you are will to sell let me know.

Ryan

10. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

11. skiman5982

skiman5982 Member

Thanks not really looking for a 7wt. Don't want to buy new reels and lines just yet. I have a 8wt for the salmon

12. Denny

Denny Active Member

You should buy that Helios. That's a really nice rod, great price, from a company that will provide you great service...just sayin'.

13. skiman5982

skiman5982 Member

I believe it is all ready sold

14. skiman5982

skiman5982 Member

It is sold so I am still looking

15. skiman5982

skiman5982 Member

anything out there

16. Denny

Denny Active Member

Sometimes folks are hesitant to respond if they don't know your budget and/or what rod models and brands you hope to find (i.e. obviously the Echo Ion doesn't work for you).

Porter likes this.
  17. skiman5982

skiman5982 Member

Good call, Looking for faster action rods around 300 to 350 or so. love the feel of Sages and some Winston's felt good too. Other than that i am pretty open and also prefer to do a semi local transaction in the greater puget sound area.

18. skiman5982

skiman5982 Member

Personally i am kicking myself for not jumping on that Orvis rod

19. skiman5982

skiman5982 Member

Back to the top

20. MattCarlson1

MattCarlson1 New Member

I have a Sage VPS 696 posted on here. It's Been a great beach rod for me.