7-1/2 ft South Bend 290

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by para_adams, Sep 29, 2013.

1. para_adams Active Member

Bothell, WA
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    I picked up a very good, maybe excellent condition South Bend 290 7-1/2 foot bamboo rod, 2 piece with extra tip, both tips full length and straight, original cloth and possibly original tube. Now I'm thinking that my purchase was more impulse buy than something I should have done. Anyone local looking for one of these? If so, I'll sell it for what I paid for it which I believe was a low price. I can share pics for anyone interested.
  2. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,224 / 0
    A 7-1/2 foot 2/2 in VG to XLNT condition from any maker sure hits the sweet spot of demand in a vintage rod. A quick check online reveals prices from $90 to nearly $300. Depending on what you paid for it, it might make sense to hang on to it, especially if you don't need the money back right away.

One link suggests that an oval SB decal means the rod is from before WWII, while a rectangular one is post-war.

K
  3. Mike Monsos AKA flyman219

Redmond, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +73 / 0
    I'd say to fish the rod and enjoy it unless you need to sell it. The rod's value should hold steady while you enjoy a season or three on your favorite waters with the new bamboo rod .

Mike