7 Guys who have never fly fished before...

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by JesseC, Jan 20, 2013.

1. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +756 / 0
    I'm taking a group of buddies.... 7 guys.... fly fishing with Jim Kerr. Most of them have never been fishing... much less fly fishing... much less for steelhead.

I cannot wait to see what happens. I figure if we're incredibly lucky, ONE guy will make it to the water and catch a fish before the entire hole clears out from 7 orangutans splashing around like itchy lepers.

I'm thinking about buying a go pro. First, to catch the guy's reaction who staked out a SICK RUN all to HIMSELF in the dark..... only to see seven guys come out of the woods one after the other. HAHA. Then, to see all absolute hell break loose when a guy who has never even caught a baby trout hooks into a wild hyena of a dime bright steelhead (and I'm only telling them we're "trout" fishing). I know I'm breaking all sorts of religious steelhead code with this endeavor, but this is going to be priceless.

What's the over under on how long that fish is on? 10 seconds?
    TD likes this.
  2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,469 / 9
    Each will hook and land fish. You shall remain skunked, then ridiculed.
  3. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    U only get skunked when your actually searching for steelhead I have found
  4. fishbadger Member

Gig Harbor, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    You better tip Jim pretty well for that,

fb
  5. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +771 / 0
    Should be hella fun. I bet a dollar more thank one fish gets hooked.
  6. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    ......And bad Steelhead karma points added to your account for inviting a guide to someones secret spot.;)
  7. Evan Salmon Member

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    When and where might this be happening? "Fair warning" ya know!
  8. Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Tacoma
    Ratings: +350 / 0
    ...walked into a bar...

This could be a funny story :)
  9. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    In all honesty - we wouldn't jump into a spot where someone else already is. There's more than enough places over there to move along.

I heard about that happening on a river in the SE though... pretty damn funny. It was a class of 10 practicing spey casts.... the guy stood there and watched and 10 people all came out of the bushes one by one... then just shook his head and left. I wish I would've been there for that one.
  10. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    yeah seriously, when will your band of merry men be "fishing" the OP?
  11. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    It's a two month camp.... Feb-April
    WABOWMAN, Ed Call and The Duke like this.
  12. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +688 / 1
    This happened to me one day on the Yak. I stood in one of my favorite runs and watched one pair of guys after another fill in above and below me. Turns out it was the Reel Recovery group so all was good.
    constructeur likes this.
  13. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,681 / 0
    Jesse,

You must be one sick F'er. I can't name all the sins you're proposing. I thought you liked Kerr. Why would you do something like this to him? No matter how much you pay him, it's a waste of his good time and a waste of potential steelhead fishing space. Even if you and all your buddies fall in and get soaked head to toe, I don't don't see any priceless in this event, but no lack of violating ever religious steelhead code there is or ever could be.

As for hooking steelhead, ain't gonna' happen if your group is fly fishing. If you had any couth or self respect whatever, you'd take your buddies to Green Lake or some similar harmless place. But since it looks like you've booked Kerr for this worthless event, you really owe everyone here fair warning of when and where you're going to be so that we can all avoid you like the plague your group will be. Thanks in advance, and I hope you all survive.

Sg
  14. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

All I have to say is you better tip Jim pretty well! And film the event and put it up on YouTube!
    JesseCFowl likes this.
  15. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +784 / 1
    That is quite the undertaking. Bring a good selection of junk food and copious amounts of booze and it really won't matter how the catching turns out. Oh, and thanks for not inviting me on this one ;)
  16. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    Obviously missing Jesses sense of humor.
  17. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,469 / 9
    Jesse, just realized if you are going with seven friends that makes you Cinderella, right?
  18. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Sorry Ed. I'm married.
  19. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    if he has the money to pay for it and wants to take the 7 dwarves he has every right. Everyone has the same right to the river given that they are fishing legal.

I guess he is an asshole too for supporting local guidee jim kerr with 7+1 clients for a day as well.
  20. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Pretty sure ol' Salmo is making an attempt at being humorous.

Plus, anyone who's met me in real life knows that I'm just as big of an asshole in person as I am on the internet. Unfortunately, it's just a problem I'm working through. ;)