7 Guys who have never fly fished before...

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by JesseC, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    if he has the money to pay for it and wants to take the 7 dwarves he has every right. Everyone has the same right to the river given that they are fishing legal.

I guess he is an asshole too for supporting local guidee jim kerr with 7+1 clients for a day as well.
  2. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +725 / 0
    Pretty sure ol' Salmo is making an attempt at being humorous.

Plus, anyone who's met me in real life knows that I'm just as big of an asshole in person as I am on the internet. Unfortunately, it's just a problem I'm working through. ;)
  3. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +760 / 2
    This thread highlights the need for a special sarcasm font for internet forum and email use. That way everyone will be clear when a statement is for realz or not. Carry on, Jesse.
  4. Achilles Member

Washington
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    Yeah but if you post on youtube say you're fishing in some obscure creek in Manitoba, please.
  5. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +725 / 0
    We are going to be fishing the Skagit. Which as you know is no secret. Pretty much guarantee a couple hookups a day for winter swinging.
  6. Achilles Member

Washington
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    The Skagit in Manitoba? :) Have fun and good luck! Of course, pretty much guarantee 3-4 native winter steehead swinging the Skagit. Nice.
  7. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +370 / 0
    So.....God bless you for introducing them to the joys of fishing in general and specifically, of tossin' flies to fish!

Whether they're duffers or not and land fish or not, they will learn and experience the rewards of fishing.

After all, it's really not about the catching! :)
    JesseCFowl likes this.
  8. Jim B Flyfishin' and homebrewin'....priorities ?

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +28 / 0
    I'm taking a group of buddies.... 7 guys.... fly fishing with Jim Kerr. Most of them have never been fishing... much less fly fishing... much less for steelhead.
    We are going to be fishing the Skagit. Which as you know is no secret. Pretty much guarantee a couple hookups a day for winter swinging.

1) I didn't know that Jim Kerr guides on the Skagit....I thought he only pulls the oars on the OP.
    2) If you're gonna fish the Skagit, you better hurry....the Skagit below Rockport, and the Sauk, close tomorrow, and the upper Skagit closes Feb 15th.
    3) A couple of hook-ups a day, with 7 guys who haven't been steelhead flyfishing, on the Skagit, with high flows anticipated in the near future as snow levels go up to 6,000 ft? Maybe....

Of course, this could all be a ruse to throw us off, and keep the film crews from the river that you're actually gonna fish, right?