7126 TCX vs 7126 Method?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by JesseC, Feb 8, 2014.

1. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +724 / 0
    Has anyone had an opportunity to cast both sticks? Just curious in terms of how they stack up and most of the reviews seem understandably just geared towards selling stuff.
  2. briansII Member

Reedley, Ca.
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    I own the TCX, and had a chance to cast the Method a few weeks ago.It had the new Rio Scandi, and the new ConnectCore running line. I wasn't able to cast them side by side, so a direct comparison is tough. First impression of the Method is, it feels light. Lighter than my TCX, and felt lighter than my VXP 6129 I was fishing that day. Casting, it feels softer than the TCX, but by no means a slow/soft rod. Tip to butt, there feels like lots of power in the Method. The light feel is still there when you cast it. The TCX is a different animal. It feels heavier, and it feels more powerful than the Method. In simple terms, the Method felt like a light, powerful 7wt. The TCX feels like a strong 8wt.

As a side note, I cast the One 7126 and Method 6126 the same day as the Method 7126. The 6126 is a sweetheart. Probably my favorite rod out of the ones I cast that day. The One 7126 is effortless to cast. Lighter feeling action than the Method 7126, and it seemed to cast itself.

briansII
    JesseC and Christian Brewer like this.
  3. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +724 / 0
    Thanks Brian!