Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

October on the Fraser

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Jordan Simpson 
#1 ·
** With a few days between trips, I needed to squeeze in some of my own fishing. I had planned to go chase some trout up in the interior but the fishing has been so good on the Fraser that I couldn't resist.
** Sarah and I went out for a day chasing Chinook but, other than a few strikes and a couple of pinks, we had no luck. Friends Kirk and Adrienne came out a few days later and we had a lot more action. Kirk and I both lost a few Chinook and Adrienne landed one as well as a few Chum. At the end of the day I finally got a nice fish, a decent sized Chum.

** The following morning I was back at it. This time on a solo mission. I fished pretty hard and was rewarded with a couple of wild Coho, one Chum, and two Jack Chinook. I didn't see many big Chinook rolling but they're still there.
** Day three was supposed to be a half day of sturgeon fishing. I headed out from the local launch in the fog, looking for a good spot to anchor up. The first place I stopped was to slow to anchor properly and by the time I found a good place to stop I was pretty close to a productive Fraser tributary. I had a fly rod on hand as usual so decided to go upstream and check out. Good decision. The trib was chock full of Chum salmon. I spent about 3 hours releasing fish before it was time to pack it up. There were a few Coho mingling around as well but by the time I found them, they were pretty spooked and I couldn't get one to take.

** So it was a great few days. Now a few more days straight of guiding before the next break. I love October and November should be great this year as well.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.