what's in your dry fly box?

There is nothing like rising trout in my opinion. I geuss I am just dreaming about late summer tempatures, with more mosquitoes and horse flies than your skin has to offer (or that you can handle).
Usualy I have Elk hair caddis 12-18- View attachment 45943 , Prachute adams 14-22 View attachment 45944 , adams 14-22 View attachment 45945 , some midges 18-22 View attachment 45947 , Humpies 14-18 (yellow/red and Calf hair/elk hair wings) View attachment 45946 , Some royal Wulffs- View attachment 45948 , blue wing olives, couple terrestrials, mosquitoes- View attachment 45938 , some cdc variations, mayfly emergers, anything with hackle, Irresistible- View attachment 45936 , Parachute Caddis- View attachment 45937 , and 2 nymphs just incase.
What my box has to give...
Many free spaces I am trying to fill up from the damage done to it this past summer/early fall.

View attachment 45930

View attachment 45931

As you can see I have a little time on my hands...

So, what your favorite Dry fly?

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
Biot-bodied parachutes in BWO colors/sizes and Callibaetis colors/sizes. EHC and cdc caddis. Stimulators for stoneflies.

Steve

CDC and Elk Caddis in 12, 14 (http://www.danica.com/flytier/steps/cdcelk/cdcelk.htm ) ; October Caddis with CDC Wing in sizes 8 and 10; Black Ants with CDC puff wings in 14, 16, 20; Griffiths Gnats in size 20; BWO Parachute in 16, 18 and 20; assorted color hoppers in sizes 8 and 10.

I probably carry thirty dry flies on the water, along with close to 200 wet flies and flymphs. Catching flies on the surface is fun, but so is watching a fish boil on your wet fly. Love the hard hits on a wet.

REE

Here's another way to do a parachute caddis--abandon the post and wind the parachute between wing and shank. This does require lashing the wing on loosely at first. Then wind a half a dozen (or more) horizontal wraps between wing and shank, in order to build up a small thread post, about which the hackle winds. Quick and easy once you get the hang of it. Floats like a champ.

Big E

Here's another way to do a parachute caddis--abandon the post and wind the parachute between wing and shank. This does require lashing the wing on loosely at first. Then wind a half a dozen (or more) horizontal wraps between wing and shank, in order to build up a small thread post, about which the hackle winds. Quick and easy once you get the hang of it. Floats like a champ.

I've seen this pattern before but its the first time I've seen it tied like this (parachute between wing and shank). How's the durability?

Searunseeker

Bird Dogs and Fly Rods
+ 2 on Giffiths gnat.. love green or yellow humpy or coachman trude as a searching patttern. Also a bivisible and purple haze. Those flies just seem to pull fish to the top.

Drifter

If i had to pick just one ?

View attachment 46468
On the lid is my salmon fly design for oregons deschutes river .

View attachment 46469
It would have to be this one i won from washington fly fishers I call my spring creek box !
some of the flies in this box were tied by me in the 70's when i was a teen - from grandmas old mink shoal
View attachment 46470

#16 THOUGH #24 =
Blue wing olives
slate greys
grey blue wings
nats
green drakes
yellow sally's
march browns
And many more for spring creeks !