Sea Lions shot on the Nisqually River

I got all CSI recently on one of the dead harbor seals that wash up at pt. defiance occasionally and noticed what appeared to be a bullet hole in its head, entrance and exit. it was also slashed along its belly.
had a couple indians tell me about shooting seals that learned to get salmon from the gill nets. apparently the bleed like crazy.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
couple indians tell me about shooting seals that learned to get salmon from the gill nets. apparently the bleed like crazy.

Heres a heads up for you , Anything you shoot in the head bleeds like crazy !!!!!

Jon Brengan

flyfishing addict
My thought exactly was .....isn't this a native netting area...hmm makes you wonder what the possibility that they'll actually never find out who is really responsible for this. Apparently there's a reward being put up by Sea Shepard, even if they do find someone responsible - they won't prosecute "popcorns" - because it's their right to harvest 1/2 catch. Maybe whoever is involved couldn't distinguish between salmon and sea lions.....things that make you go hmmm

McNasty

Canyon Lurker
In before Newt gets it shut down.

We got one of them damn sea lions caught in our gill net one night. Freakin' thing was tearin' the crap out of the net and when we got it to the boat it proceeded to bash the livin' crap out of the stern. My partner got a 12 gauge and blasted the thing right in the head from less than two feet away. Both of us were covered with sea lion brains. Freakin' disgustin'.
lol nice story! i can only imagine the faces on some people reading this