SRC? WTF!?!

I guess you'll have to stop to referring to other known standards like the PNW, the OP, the GR, the D, the NF of the X, etc. People like to personalize things that are important to them, and perhaps it helps communicate unknown things in a crowd.

I don't view it as disrespectful at all.
First, I'd hardly consider SRC to be a "known standard", considering the acronym pretty much didn't exist before WFF (Chris - Nice, man! WFF is actually adding to the English language!). Second, I don't see how an acronym better communicates something in a crowd vs just saying sea-run cutthroat.

David Loy

Senior Moment
I have two teenage daughters that for the last two years have held world class girlie arguments, often at peak volume lasting into the wee hours. Oh how I miss that now that the oldest is off to college. It's a blessing to know I can tap into this site for familiar discourse.

First, I reckon the fish appreciate the respect shown when we catch and release them (as though fish are capable of such logical deductions).

And the subsequent discussions and/or private thoughts we have after catching them.

Like,

"Wow, what a fish.."

"Damn, you're pretty..."

"Thank you...for washing off the skunk..."

Second, I learned SRC from you dad! (fingers pointed at all the posts on here I read after moving back from Texas and trying to figure out how the hell to catch fish).

I'd venture to guess that for the new angler, typing SRC into the search function on here yields some pretty pertinent information.

Now I'll shut up and go back to fly tying and fishing.

Ed Call

Seriously? This won't make thread of the year. Who gives a rip what someone calls a particular type of fish, or themselves on an online forum? Some people have a strange way of measuring "respect" in my humble opinion. The only thing salvagable here is that many are reflecting on the wonderful contributions of Les Johnson. We all are better off having had the opportuntity to read his works, share his company and follow his lead.

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
So yesterday I drove my BMW to secret PNW beach on the OP to chase SRC's with my WF 6wt GPX line on my TFO TiCX and used a popper while the MFing wind blew... WTF, BRB, I have to go #2, since I've had too much coffee this morning... IMHO this thread is not causing me to LMFAO or even generate a LOL.. in fact I think I just wasted 2 min's of my life I won't get back.. FML!

I guess I have to respond since I posted the last report in Saltwater with SRC and Rezzies in it, and apparently I am the straw that broke the SRC's back. I'm impressed that I caused several grown men to throw temper tantrum's and one to refer to his daughters girlie talk. Very interesting stuff. I don't think I have to tell you where to go and how to get there.

This is a fly fishing forum, not a formal publication or book. Slang is going to be used, and I'm gonna use it. It doesn't mean I don't respect the fish, or obsess about catching them, releasing them and making sure I don't harm them.

I had the privilege to listen to Preston make a private presentation on Coastal Cutthroat Saturday. It was fantastic and very proper and reverent. I appreciated it and was glad I was there, and when I left I couldn't wait to chase SRC and rezzies the next day.... which is what I'm doing tomorrow too. I may just post a report tomorrow night, if I have the pleasure of connecting with a fish..