rattlers... what to do?

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
Irafly:

Thanks. I be done.

Bennysbuddy- Okay - what ever you want. It has nothing to do with peace and harmony - kill what you want, when you can. I am "(en)lightened up on the killing mojo". If ya see em, smoke em.

MB

Topstoy

In search of Trout
Connor

I feel the same about Canadians but I don't go around shooting them all! Seriously, many farmers and ranchers accept having them around as they take care of a lot of rodents. If I had one pin me in a corner, I would take him out, but if he can move along, so will I. And yes I do run into a few from time to time.

I think he only shot 8 snakes because he ran out of ammo. Don't be beating this horse (snake) just because someone chose to shoot them.

I shoot mice. Anyone want to speak up for them? Personally, I chase snakes away but if someone chooses to shoot them that's their choice.
Man, Zen just when I thought we could be friends and you show how stupid and ignorant you are again...

You suck, man. Truly.

I was at Rocky Ford when a guy was bit once. Unreal. He handled it like a man actually, he said he is in the snake's territory, no hard feelings. Pretty impressive.

He had been bit before in Texas and this one "was just a light one"...

I kid you not, drove himself to Soap Lake for ice.

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
Golden trout, I really haven't read nothing of merit in your posts other than whacko opinions. We'll see if settings has a button that will blank out your, for lack of a better word, crap.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
Connor

I feel the same about Canadians but I don't go around shooting them all! Seriously, many farmers and ranchers accept having them around as they take care of a lot of rodents. If I had one pin me in a corner, I would take him out, but if he can move along, so will I. And yes I do run into a few from time to time.
This is interesting, I didn't know that canadians take care of a lot of rodents or that farmers & ranchers as a whole like having them around ,I as well often run into canadians but they seem more intersted in beer than they do rodents....

Vladimir Steblina

Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
I was at Rocky Ford when a guy was bit once. Unreal. He handled it like a man actually, he said he is in the snake's territory, no hard feelings. Pretty impressive.

He had been bit before in Texas and this one "was just a light one"...

I kid you not, drove himself to Soap Lake for ice.
That was a stupid thing to do.....the ice. Not killing the snake is his call.

A friend was bit at his house. Two days in intensive care and $38,000 later they released him from the hospital. It was a "light" bite only one fang and he toughed it out until every part of his body was tingling and he realized he was in deep trouble.

Yes, he started with ice as a treatment.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Yea Kerry! That was our camp guest and he wasn't too far from where you pitched your tent. No need to thank me for saving your life...all in a days fun. :)

When I move to Seattle in June, I will no longer kill rattlers. Hell, I can jump off as many rocks in to bushes as I like... I might just do that. ;)
The blackberry bushes around here are much worse than a rattler...

If I found a snake in my back yard I would call the right people to have it taken away. The snake gets to have a life also. If I was walking in the woods, and found one I would walk around him, that's his area, not mine. If I went and killed everything I didn't like, I'm sure they would have me put in a small dark cell and pump sunshine to me. Somebody that kills things just to be killing something is just sick and stupid. I'm glad the snakes don't have guns. now after all that being said, if it came between me and a snake I would kill the snake in a heart beat, but only if I had too, not cause I thought I was cool.......When you go to the woods, there might be snakes there, That's where they live.

my 2 cents

When I move to Seattle in June, I will no longer kill rattlers. Hell, I can jump off as many rocks in to bushes as I like... I might just do that. ;)
Connor,

Since you don't like snakes you might want to avoid fishing at "Rattlesnake Lake" when you move over here to the wet side. :clown:

If I found a snake in my back yard I would call the right people to have it taken away.

my 2 cents
cb3fish,

You might have a bigger problem (rodents?) other than snakes if they are in your back yard. They are there because that's where the food is.

Find the source of thier food, remove it, and the snakes will move on.