75 Fish day!!!

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Connor H, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Connor H

Connor H Bobbers n Beadz

Media:
    Nice to see your doin' fine there Jim!!! How about you come down and actually catch some fish sometime???

2. johnnyrockfish

johnnyrockfish Member

:ray1:

:beer2: cheers to the kid and his dad for having a great and productive day on the water. It's nice to know there are those kind of numbers out there. The four fish I caught over the weekend were super fun for me for the reasons Roger mentions. However, if I were to get in a spot with non stop action you wouldn't see me moving because it wasn't challenging enough!:beathead:

JR

3. Jake Bannon

Jake Bannon nymphs for steelhead....

Media:
    Bottom line IS: Zach and me went fishing.....we caught bunches of 15in coho.....didnt keep track...never do, for gods sake they are just bunches of juvenile silvers! They are fun because of the numbers you can catch but to me the real gem in sea run cutthroat which I only caught two smaller ones. Btw Conner, we didnt fish in front of your grandma's house, closest Ive been to Fox Island is the narrows so your spot is unknown to me. However I dont really think spots matter a ton as I could probley go fish a mud puddle infront of my house and catch a rezzy as there are so many around.

Jake

4. HauntedByWaters

HauntedByWaters Active Member

I hate numbers and math. Those classes were the worst in school.

5. Zach M

Zach M Because I floss so hard

Media:
    i didnt go to your grandmas house connor its not like that is the only beach around the harbor. trust me theres a lot better beaches around your just not aware of them mr. moses lake. and wheres my money connor?

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I do catch fish here. I just can't do it for a long time durning the day. I'm getting on in years so my time is limited to how long I can stay out on the water. I don't get to far from my truck. About an hour is long enough for me. Then I have to rest. I used to go for all day but not anymore. But don't cut me any slack as I love the banter here. Give me a bad time and then you get it right back.

A long walk for me is across the street Can't do the river bank walking anymore. I try but my knees won't let me go, unless it is fairly level.

Jim

7. Luke Filmer

Luke Filmer Member

Media:
    Best year for res. Coho!

8. South Sound

South Sound Member

What is a better launch to put in at Fox Is. or Gig Harbor? Only have a limited amount of time.

9. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    South Sound, I'm not that familiar with those launches but as I review my notes from trusted friends, charts and map I'd like to complicate your question. Fox Island and Gig Harbor launches are fine, probably equidistant to the Narrows Bridge. Why not consider the launches at Day Island south along the shore on the Tacoma side from Titlow or Wollochet Bay? Both of those seem much closer to the TNB to me. Don't take my word for it though, but check out all four launches and make up your mind...unless you are taking me fishing and I'll tell you where we are meeting.