Article Getting Started: I’m New To Fly Fishing – Now What?

Old Man

Just an Old Man
What is it lately. No matter what I put out there somebody finds what I say offensive. If you all think that I'm going to shut up, you are all wrong. Can't a brother have a little fun.

Chris Bellows

Your Preferred WFF Poster
Honestly, I think experience on the water is the best way learn the ways of our sport. You can read, check out the internet all you want but nothing equals experience.
amen, time on the water beats everything else.

i would also add that conventional wisdom often is totally wrong.

you should read everything on the internet with a critical eye, especially anything coming from anyone with a commercial interest in what is being written about.

there are many paths, choose the one that feels right to you.

@oldman,
"What is it lately. No matter what I put out there somebody finds what I say offensive. If you all think that I'm going to shut up, you are all wrong. Can't a brother have a little fun."

Brother, we live all our fly fishing lives to grow into one of those wise old geezers who have been there and done all that. I'm only 60 but I think I have finally earned my full fledged "Fly fisherman Geezer status.
I topped it off by moving back to my home town so I could be closer to my home waters in my old age.