Fly Fishing Novels, Any Recommendations?

Citori

Piscatorial Engineer
I was at Costco yesterday and noticed a novel, something about Royal Coachman Wulff (wish I had snapped a shot with the iphone, or written it down) on the new release table, hard cover. While I didn't buy it, I wanted to do a little research. So, I try Amazon, and while I don't think I found the book, i did find a series (Wind Knot, Nail Knot, Clinch Knot, Blood Knot...) by John Galligan.

After another shot with Amazon, I did find the book - The Royal Wulff Murders by Keith McCafferty.

The question is, does anyone know about the book currently on the shelf at Costco The Royal Wulff Murders, or is anyone familiar with the Galligan series? Any reviews/recommendations? The Amazon reviews are pretty good, just not many of them.

Thanks guys.

I have read the book Wind Knot; it is hardly much of a fly fishing book and more of a thick murder plot set in an outdoor fishing kind of scenario. Overall an okay read, but if you are looking for more of a fish tales style of book it might not be the right direction in terms of a satisfying read to hold over the fly fishing shakes until your next outing.

Citori

Piscatorial Engineer
Read both of those, and all of the rest of Gierach's books. View from Rat Lake is good too. Also Trout Madness by Robert Traver.

I am interested in info on the new novels. Thanks guys.

I read the Royal Wulf Murders and really enjoyed it. I'm kind of a mystery
buff and the story is a good one with lots of local details, as well as
pretty good descriptions of a trout bum in Montana. I really enjoyed it
and look forward ton another book by McCafferty.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
No info on the Royal Wulff Murders, but here are some of my personal favorites:

Pale Morning Done, Jeff Hull
Under Cottonwoods, Steven Grace
Travers Corner, Return to Travers Corner and Travers Corner the Final Chapters, Scott Waldie

chief

I haven't read those books, but I have enjoyed most of Tom McGuane's stuff. He is a passionat nfly fisher, but his writing encompasses a broader range of themes.