WTB Waders And Boots For My Wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jase

Hey all, the wife claims she wants to get in this thing with me... apparenty, we're not spending enough time together.:rolleyes:
Looking to find some decent quality waders and boots, knowing her, she'll probably stick with it so I don't want to waist money on something super cheap and have to turn around again next year and get her something better.
Not to sure how female sizing goes. She's 5'6 with a slim, fit build; wears a pants size 6 and a women's shoe size 8.

montanafos

Do yourself a BIG favor and do not buy your wife a used pair of waders and used boots...unless of course that's the only way to get her gear. If possible, buy a pair of decent breathable waders and boots for a few hundred bucks for the whole works and she'll be a happy camper. Used, possibly ill fitting gear is a sure fire way to make her miserable and pretty soon you are miserable and your "together time" will be something other than the river...which means you are on the water less. My wife and I...pre kids...fished a ton together and now I do my best to get her out whenever I can. Good luck!

Hey all, the wife claims she wants to get in this thing with me... apparenty, we're not spending enough time together.:rolleyes:
Looking to find some decent quality waders and boots, knowing her, she'll probably stick with it so I don't want to waist money on something super cheap and have to turn around again next year and get her something better.
Not to sure how female sizing goes. She's 5'6 with a slim, fit build; wears a pants size 6 and a women's shoe size 8.

Jase

Great Advice...:D but I think we're still gonna give it a go!

Now, would someone please help me out with a women's small wader and a women's 8 boot

Check out LL Bean. 100% return policy and free shipping. I Just purchased a pair of their Emerger 2 waders on sale for $120. I find them to be breathable enough for my needs. Their 'Fly Weight Waders' were a decent buy $80, but I had some seepage issues and they were not as breathable. They gladly exchanged them after free of shipping.

Ed Call

Do stash is on point. Unsure of sizing? Go see Jesse and James at Westslope Fly Shop and let them work their product finding magic. Good luck.

Dan Nelson

Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum
I've had a team of women field test several models of waters. Redington seems to be the best at fitting females properly -- and they are very reasonably priced. Go to a shop that carries Redington, have your wife try some on, and buy new. You should be able to get her outfitted with brand new boots and waders for less than $300 -- Willow River waders are just $149 BRAND NEW -if price is a serious consideration. Otherwise, my wife might part with her old back-up waders (Orvis) for $299. But no boots.

http://www.redington.com/Willow-River-Wader.html

Hodgeman Women's size 9 boots (felt), bought a couple years ago from a store that was closing. Turned out to be the wrong size. Yours for the cost of shipping.

John Hicks

Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits
Why don't you guys carry the Zip up womens waders by Redington? Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm probably going to get Sheryl a pair this year.

Jase,
We find these to be attractive for both the wives of fishermen and the pocket book.
http://www.redsflyfishing.com/Redington-Women-s-Willow-River-Waders-p/redington-willow-waders.htm
and
http://www.redsflyfishing.com/Redington-Women-s-Willow-Wading-Boots-p/redington-womens-boots.htm
and it also includes free shipping and we pay the tax.
Craig H
Red's Fly Shop

John,
As soon as the new store gets done we will carry the Redington Women's Zip wader. A bit of a room problem in the tiny store now. We can still get you the Women's zip though just give us a call.

Craig
Red's Fly Shop
509-933-2300

Status
Not open for further replies.