8-14 Area 9 "Secret" West Seattle Beach

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by bouncin bob, Aug 14, 2010.

1. bouncin bob New Member

Redmond, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    At 5:00 am, there wre about 10 boats and two buzz bombers on the "secret" swimming pool beach in Lincoln Park. Saw about 6 or 8 fish get netted by the boats when the bite was on about 6:15-7:30. Boats were trolling in close to the beach. Saw some bait sign but not much.

A third gear fisherman arrived at 7:30, hooked up on a 2" silver/purple Kastmaster spoon and lost the fish at the beach after a fun fight. A regular said some fly fisherman got a chinook off the beach a couple of days ago on a pink & white fly.

I'm guessing the fish were Chinook from the way they fought- no aerials, seemed to head for the bottom.

Coho are coming I hope, I hope....
  2. Go Fish Language, its a virus

Rheomode, Wa.
    Ratings: +72 / 0
    A wonder who got that Nookie last week?
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,221 / 9
    I was sure that Stonefish's chinook from last week was the same fish he showed us in photos three years ago. I think he took about 200 angles of that fish.
  4. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,151 / 1
    Mumbles,
    That wasn't my fish. Good for the angler that caught it. I never fish pink & white, that color attracts Humpies. You know how I feel about Humpies.
    I can't recall catching a chinook in 2007, perhaps you were thinking of one you caught in your dreams. ;)
    Besides, I only posted one picture of the chinook I caught recently, so I don't know where the other 199 pictures you are referring to went?
    I don't even think my memory card will even hold 200 pics. I'll give it a try the next time I'm lucky enough to catch something.
    I don't fish the sound much, but for some reason I thought Lincoln Park was in MA 10. Maybe that is why it is such a secret, nobody knows where it is or which MA area it is in, even the people fishing there.
    SF
  5. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Okay SF, you've busted me on all levels. I'm bloodied to a pulp and admit it was a fish in my dreams.
  6. bouncin bob New Member

Redmond, WA
    I was too tired from being up too early. LP is in Area 10.

My apologies.
  7. Go Fish Language, its a virus

Rheomode, Wa.
    Ratings: +72 / 0
    Ed, I think you have Stonefish on the ropes,
    take another swing...and what about the carp?
  8. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    What I want is photographic evidence of him with a triploid or humpie...even if it was bycatch.
  9. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    Ed,

That's what photoshop is for..:clown:
  10. Preston Active Member

Ratings: +356 / 0
    Little reason to be concerned about humpies this year and pink has always been an effective color for coho. I've had some great days on coho at Point Williams with my Hubert Humpy (okay, it was originally designed for pinks but works equally well for coho).
  11. 1morecast Active Member

Port Angeles
    Ratings: +38 / 0
    preston, nice looking fly. does that fly ride with the wing up with those light eyes?
  12. Preston Active Member

It rides upright on the strip, falling off to one side or the other between strips but not turning over, giving it an attractive, wobbly action. I tie the same pattern in white for bull trout during the winter..
  13. mbachhub New Member

Seattle, Washington
    Preston, what size hooks do you usually use with that fly?
  14. Preston Active Member

I usually tie it on a size 4 saltwater hook.
  15. Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Thanks Preston
  16. pcknshvl Member

SEATTLE, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    I remember a few years ago hearing about a guy who caught a 24" King in about a foot of water, right next to shore, on a beach popper, at the aforementioned not-so-secret beach. I once caught one in shallow water on a small Clouser... on my 5wt, as my 8wt was in for repairs. Too much fun....
  17. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +732 / 1
    That may have been me. It was quite a while ago.

Leland.