8/2/09

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by sean_k, Aug 2, 2009.

1. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

Hit up dash point from 5-9 this morning, day started out slow but the scenery was nice watching the sun come up. There were a few gear chuckers to say the least but with the tide low I was able to walk and get my own space. Ended the day with my first ever pink going 5 for 7 but almost went 4 1/2 with one of my fish narrowly missing a seals jaws with only a small nic on its back. Tommrows another day and Ill be back on the water

2. Peter Pancho

Peter Pancho Active Member

nice. sink tips or floater?

3. 1fishkeeper

1fishkeeper New Member

Quick question where do you go at dash? I went to go down there but I couldnt find a place where I could go. I thought that I could go to that little park place but the gate was locked up and no one could get in. And everywhere else looked to be private and I didnt feel like walking through someones yard to get to the shore.

4. 1fishkeeper

1fishkeeper New Member

Woops that was browns not dash. Where do you go for dash. The only place that I know about is the park. Im still learning about all the places since I moved up here.

5. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Sean, nice photos. If you caught 5 your girlfriend must have either taken the day off or she caught 7!

6. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

Ed, today I rein superior in my fish catching abilities!! She did however catch a small src, a few bullheads but no pinks on the end of her line. ( I did however let her reel one of my fish in.)

7. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Ha, stick with that story, it is a good one! She outfished me for sure!

8. Mike T

Mike T Active Member

We rolled in there late around 7 and had missed one while trolling to get away from the glacial silt as the tide ebbed. Around 11 it turned on, for us at least, with a good number to the boat and 3 in the fish locker. Nothing to brag about for sure but proof that fishing can remain good into mid-day. We saw our biggest schools after noon.

We'll be back tomorrow, hopefully closer to 6am.

9. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

SEAN WLL DONE!!

10. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

Mike, I actually caught most of my fish between 7:30 and the ebb tide. I took off out of there around 10 to do work around the house, but I'll be back tommrow around 5ish. Good luck to you tommrow

11. Big E

Big E Moderator Staff Member

Nice fish. When did the seal get at it...while you were bringing it in?

12. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

Yep definatly when I was bringing it in luckly it took a run right at me so I hurried to the bank, seal saw me with the fish 4 ft from me and took off.

13. 1fishkeeper

1fishkeeper New Member

I watched that seal take a couple of gear guys fish the other day. It was just as they were getting ready to lift them up from the pier he would jump up and grab them. I would have to say hes done that a time or two.

14. Arthur Vakulchik

Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

LUCK A*S SON OF A BIT*H!!!! i hate you!
    u caught 5 fish in one day and i caught 00000000000000000000000.0000 fish for several days!
    good job by the way! :)

arthur

15. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

I dont know about lucky, I went Thursday and Friday and didnt catch crap. I also went out Monday morning caught one, set it on the bank to bleed out and a Bald Eagle swooped down and stole my fish. Tommrow I will take more precautions to keep them reserved for my smoker and not for the birds.

16. Troutrageous

Troutrageous Active Member

Sounds like I shoulda hit Dash... I spent 3 mornings around 5-7 at Lincoln Park this weekend, and got nothing, and only saw one hooked by others, none landed.