Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

8.5 Minutes

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  FlyFishNeahBay 
#1 ·
I know it's shaky head cam footage but if you like watching fish take poppers...

#6 ·
i usually fish the 25' of t-14... but when you pull up and see a large area of rockfish boiling on the surface eating crab spawn (or juvenile jellyfish... i wasn't looking too closely) you're gonna pull out the popper.

sometimes you can move rockfish you don't see to the big popper but usually it is better if you see the occasional boil on the surface. i lost a sage rod at this spot back in 1999 because i left a clouser hanging inches below the surface as i threw a rockfish in the cooler in the front of the boat.

haven't seen it like this since 99'-00', but it's 40 minutes of this kind of fishing that will always make me check it out on my way to and from fishing elsewhere.

#21 ·
The hookless footage is awesome. Some persistent little buggers. Looks like a rip is holding them in that nice little bucket for you.

Do they get boat wise pretty quick and disperse or hang in there as long as the feed is around?
they don't get boat wise at all. i repositioned the boat 4-5 times over that period and they started boiling on the feed immediately after it was calm enough to see then. not this day, but i've had them boiling within a foot of the prop when the bait hangs out back there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.