8/5 PNP report

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Rob Ast, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +233 / 3
    Dragged my sorry butt out of bed at 4:00, fishing at PNP by 4:45 - probably 10 other cars beat me there. Fishing just south of the point at the start of the flood tide. About 5:45 landed a 20" native coho - the poor bastard swallowed my pink/white clouser whole so I decided to keep him. Slow going, then caught and released a (guessing) 22" native coho. About 7:00 the current really started to pick up and I hooked and landed a 19" hatchery coho on a chartreuse/white clouser. Met my limit and was gone by 7:15. Didn't see any other fly guys until the very end of my stay. Not that much catching all around - bedsides my 3 fish I think I only saw 2 other fish brought to hand (though I could not see the action on the north shore).

[IMG]
  2. Derek Holmes SageNGauge

Bellingham, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Gone by 7:15 is pretty darn good. Hopefully you got some shut-eye after that!
  3. Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Bremerton, Wa
    Ratings: +67 / 0
    I was out there Friday morn, just after 5 and the parking lots were full already. There was maybe ~25 people on the water, in the rain. I released a small coho but that was it for me. Many other people catching though. I left about 7:15, and walking back from the north end I saw probably ~20 fish on the beach and ~35 anglers.
  4. salt dog card shark

Edmonds WA / Mazama
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    I was near there early Sunday, one 7 lb blackmouth to hand from the beach on a small Shock and Awe, and my buddy LDR'd a nice one on a pink / white popper, but that was it. The Chinook was only about 30 feet from shore.
  5. Willie Bodger Still, nothing clever to say...

Lynnwood, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Saturday, Jim, Saturday...
  6. salt dog card shark

Edmonds WA / Mazama
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Did I mention that we didn't sleep Friday night in order to get the early morning bite? sheesh.......thanks for the memory backup Willie.