FS 8 FT Fly Fishing Pram

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by funfisher, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

I'm jealous

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

2. funfisher

funfisher Fish On!

Glad that you are happy with the pram. You will love fishing out of it. It was great to finally meet you. Tight Lines! Also, I forgot to congratulate you for quitting that nasty smoking habit. Keep up the good work.

3. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Media:
    You ended up with this? Sweet, now I know I'll see it first hand. Now for the important question, how well does it honestly fit 5 fully rigged fly rods? You know you're going to hit one of those tip ends with a back cast and be careful falling backwards ;) Although we are even there aren't we!

4. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Media:
    Yes indeed I just couldn't pass up this little beauty. Took it out for a few hour maiden voyage today. What a sweet boat!! It rows great, has plenty of room, and is plenty stable. The pedestal seat is very comfy and the totally open floor is really nice. The floor is covered with a non skid type coating that is nice for keeping things from sliding around. I really need to pick up a trolling motor and a pulley for the aft anchor.

The beach wheels are soooooo sweet. I just rolled it and all my gear right down to the lake and back simple as can be. Ira you'll definitely be seeing this boat. Not sure about 5 rods yet, I only brought two this afternoon, but I'm sure ill find out tomorrow ;)

Oh, I got so many compliments on this boat, and one gent I met today knew the original builder and told me it's life story. Very cool 2013-05-25_13-20-30_782.jpg

Islander and Irafly like this.
  5. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Media:
    Awesome Nick. I am in line to get one of these when my very good family friend reaches the age where he no longer is interested. They are a sweet design and very fun to fish out of. Congratulations!

6. psycho

psycho Active Member

Where would I find the plans for that little beauty? I need something to do for the coming winter.:D

7. funfisher

funfisher Fish On!

I am working on getting the plans. The guy that originally designed it told me that he started by taking the cardboard backing off of a notepad and cutting out the pieces so that he could build the pram using straight cuts for the bow, transom and sides. Once he had everything cut out, he transferred the scale to an 8ft sheet of plywood.
    Anyway, he was going to see if he still has the plans but he is out of town for a couple of weeks. He also mentioned that if he does locate the plans, it might take a donation to Port Ludlow Fly Fishers to get him to pass them on. Stay tuned...

psycho and Jeff Dodd like this.
  8. psycho

psycho Active Member

A donation is no problem.:D

9. John Weston

John Weston Member

wow, looking at it, it looks like it has no flair and man how deep is it? I have heard about these but this is the first time I have seen one. so very cool. who's got the plans for this? I want one.
    Outlaw

10. Jack Murphy

Jack Murphy Member

Media:
    I'm in for the plans also.

11. John Weston

John Weston Member

funfisher, have ya heard from the designer yet about the plans? thanks for any info.
    Outlaw

12. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Media:
  13. John Weston

John Weston Member

thanks

Outlaw

14. John Weston

John Weston Member

oh, read that. funfisher was in touch with arnie but we haven't heard if we can get plans or not so we are still in the dark on this.
    Outlaw

15. funfisher

funfisher Fish On!

Arnie says that the plans are now on paper and waiting for graphics to be added. Let him or me know if you are still interested. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.