SGS Scandit System

Just wanted to comment on Steve Godshall's Skandit line system I just picked up. Called Bob Meiser for a recommendation for a Skagit line to go with my new Highlander Classic 11757. After a long discussion Bob recommended a 416 grain head and I received it shortly thereafter. I set it up with the level ELF running line (.032 dia.) as a skagit, as I have his integrated head Mendmaster/Scandi on the other spool. Haven't had a chance to get it on the water, but in the backyard yesterday I was rollcasting (underhand?) 80' without any effort. With more space, I'm sure I could've sent all 90' of running line easily. I've decided, after seeing all the "which line?" questions on this and other sites, one can save a lot of money & trouble by just calling either Bob or Steve and going with their recommendations. These guys are Jedi.

SpeySpaz

still an authority on nothing
Robert, I think you are absolutely correct.
Since Meiz/Godshall started offering Skandit heads, I have built not a one of my own. For all round use, hard to beat, esp. since Steve tunes them to each rod individually.
Sounds like you have your casting down.

fredaevans

Have several of Steve's lines (or just heads) built for a specific rod, and I do mean a specific rod. Have yet to find a reason to 'un-rig' any of these. I keep all my spey's 'rigged and ready' to go on the rod rack on the Jeep. Depending upon the water conditions (flow 99% of the time) I'll grab a couple and "I'm out of here."