uggg, cedar river?

I got back from MT last week and have been fustrated. I have tried everything in my box and can't match the match. If you have had luck the last couple nights please help. Thanks!

I fished it for a few hours today. Some action on hare's ears, copper johns and stone flies, but not all that much. 8 small fish to hand in 4.5 hours all in the 6-10 inch range. Lost one fish about 13" only a few feet from me. The river was not nearly as active (fish or insect wise) as when I was last there 3 weeks ago.

I've fished the cedar a grand total of 5 days. Based on my experience I didn't have to get fancy with nymphs or dry flies. The basic nymphs worked well and the attractor patterns seemed to produce better than the match the hatch dries.

dibling

Two weeks ago, I had a really great evening on a PMD emerger just before dark. Once I semi-matched the mayflies going off, I was getting vicious strikes every minute or so.

However, a few nights ago, the fish were going nasty just under the surface and the same tactics didn't produce. I tried three to four different emergers and never quite hit it. I was guessing they were chomping on Caddis as that was the one emerger I didn't have in my box.

My guesswork anyway.

- Troy

I was actually out there on Sunday afternoon, hiking around here and there to different spots. Didn't see a single fish rise or get a hit on a nymph going deep. There were a lot of people out on the water though, which most likely didn't help much but spook fish. Tried a PMD and Elk Hair Caddis and nothing.

Wow....That's a sad bar graph...Why such the dramatic decrease in the number of redds? You think they could be missing a few trout here and there in their counts?

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
Yes the cedar is a terrible place to fish...do not fish it...there are no trout...you will not enjoy it...your car will be broken into...

and no that is not me, or Stewart, or Tim Allen having a blast with no one else around on the cedee, nope, not us, not us all, never saw us, weren't here, definitely not me...