what fly line should i use??

Jpfish

Ira is absolutely correct. If you can only have one line, a floater will cover just about every scenario imaginable. However, if you have a few bucks burning a hole in your pocket, and are interested in broading your stillwater experience, my suggestion would be one of the clear camo intermediate lines. My person favorite is the Rio Camo Lux, but you would be best served casting them all and deciding what you like. I find this to be an extremely versatile line. Great for casting streamers/leeches, let it sink longer to get deeper, immediately strip to stay fairly shallow. Another line that I use in a very similar fashion is a Type 3 full sink. I tend to go to the type 3 when going deeper, but it doesn't sink so fast that I can't use it to cover higher up in the water column if necessary.

If you get more and more into stillwater fishing, you will end up with a boatload of lines. When I go out in my pram I generally have 6 rods strung up for various situations, and its nice to be able to quickly adjust my tactics on the fly. Ultimately though, a guy can catch an awful lot of fish with a floater and an intermediate, or hell even just a floater if necessary.

And definitely try to hook up with Ira if you get the chance. Would be well worth the effort.
Thanks for the info! I plan on getting back up there soon and hope i do get the chance to go with Ira. Sounds like he really knows what hes doing.

Go Fish

Language, its a virus
[quote="Nick Clayton, post: 763769, member: 5527") My person favorite is the Rio Camo Lux, but you would be best served casting them all and deciding what you like. I find this to be an extremely versatile line. I tend to go to the type 3 when going deeper, but When I go out in my pram I generally have 6 rods strung up for various situations, [/quote]

And to think it all started with just one rod, one reel, and one line.
Now I have almost everything I need. NOT

I justify it by telling myself I'm not as bad as other Fly Fishers.

Dave

nwtroutguy

The Tug Is The Drug
I know that lake pretty well and have learned from some of the masters on this forum. I can give you a shout when I go next time if you want to go with me.

Jpfish

I know that lake pretty well and have learned from some of the masters on this forum. I can give you a shout when I go next time if you want to go with me.
Absolutely! id love to take a trip to the lake with someone i can learn from. send me a message anytime.

thank you