Bringing in the Chum season...

skyrise

love to see the new ties you guys are doing. wheres the PINK ??
man ya gotta have the pink/cerise. or not.
go with what works. love those doggies.

Pat Lat

Mad Flyentist
well if your rod is set up like mine that band above your grip is about 20-22ish inches, if so that fish is prob about 36-38 inches, again nice fish man!

Looks very similar to one I caught, and one my father in law caught the other day. They were 11-12 lbs and taped 31 inches from the nose to the middle of the fork of the tail.

well if your rod is set up like mine that band above your grip is about 20-22ish inches, if so that fish is prob about 36-38 inches, again nice fish man!
On a single hander? I'd think that band is closer to 12" from the butt (pulling a number out of my ass).
Edit: I was refering to the colored stripes directly in front of the grip. It occured to me maybe you were talking about the wider band with a different coating further up. Either way, it was a nice fish ;)

If I had to guess I would say somewhere around 31-33", but that's just a guess. I suppose I could be more scientific and take some measurements on my rod if I was that worried about it, but I'm fine with a guestimate. Was a hell of a hot fish that put a huge smile on my face, that's all I can say for sure. I hope to find his brothers tonight/this weekend!

If I had to guess I would say somewhere around 31-33", but that's just a guess. I suppose I could be more scientific and take some measurements on my rod if I was that worried about it, but I'm fine with a guestimate. Was a hell of a hot fish that put a huge smile on my face, that's all I can say for sure. I hope to find his brothers tonight/this weekend!
I hope to find his BIG brothers ;) A fresh 11-12ish lb fish really gave me a run, and that leaves me wondering what a fresh 20lb fish is going to be like!?

I hope to find his BIG brothers ;) A fresh 11-12ish lb fish really gave me a run, and that leaves me wondering what a fresh 20lb fish is going to be like!?
Exactly!!! I hooked one that may have gone 15 lbs, and he made short work of me. I honestly don't know what I'd do with a 20 lbs + fish.... I don't think I'd be able to stop it no matter what I did. But boy would it be fun trying!