NFR: No Solution, just dead kids...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ribka

Before younstart discussing current firearms laws please take the time to do

at least a little research. You cannot get a permit to legally purchase a fully auto matic firearm in the state of Washington or a short barreled rifle or shotgun.

A few were grandfathered in about 20 years ago here in WA. Good luck finding one.

Try purchasing a fully auto in Illinois, California, NJ, NJ DC CT, MA .

I think gun owners are concerned because of the general lack of information by the American public. Plus the average citizen is so Ill informed by gun myths they are easily manipulated by anti gun campaigns like the ones Obama are starting this week in the MSM.

Everyone over-complicates this. We already control some guns successfully: fully automatic weapons. You can't just go to Cabelas and buy one. Most of us could get the permits to own them but we just don't bother. We could do much the same with assault-type weapons.

The gun lobby likes to get their people motivated under the guise of "they're taking away our guns". No one has to have guns taken away. Just change the permitting process.

Craig

ribka

Wow an actual solution instead of hysterical anti gun hyperbole

I'm working with one local school on improved response planning. When we get it working we will spread the plans to other schools. It is time to stop making schools such an easy target with compliant victims waiting too long for law enforcement response. It is time to change the equation.

Before younstart discussing current firearms laws please take the time to do
The point of the posting was an example of effective gun control. It works. People who had these guns got to keep them. They can even transfer (sell) them.

There is no reason why something similar can't work for assault style weapons. Other than knee-jerk claims that "they're taking away our guns".

I remain convinced that it will take more than one simple "fix". And I think that one facet of the problem is the image of the assault weapon in the hands of a "hero" figure.

Craig

I'm working with one local school on improved response planning. When we get it working we will spread the plans to other schools. It is time to stop making schools such an easy target with compliant victims waiting too long for law enforcement response. It is time to change the equation.
That is Awesome Mumbles!!!!!

Lugan

Joe Streamer
This seems to me to be an unfair depiction of the thread. I have read all the postings and not seen any "hysterical anti-gun hyperbole".
I'm guessing there is some PTSD among gun owners from past decades of gun control fights in which anti-gun people were very anti-gun, and wanted to ban all guns. As you say Craig, this thread doesn't entail that tone with a few exceptions. But Ribka's and others' reactions make sense when you consider the long-term context they are coming from.

Everyone over-complicates this. We already control some guns successfully: fully automatic weapons. You can't just go to Cabelas and buy one. Most of us could get the permits to own them but we just don't bother. We could do much the same with assault-type weapons.

The gun lobby likes to get their people motivated under the guise of "they're taking away our guns". No one has to have guns taken away. Just change the permitting process.

Craig
I wouldn't be too opposed to making it much more difficult to get a high capacity semi-auto rifle, but no type of on-going permitting (huge fees) like fully auto rifles should be included.

I wouldn't be too opposed to making it much more difficult to get a high capacity semi-auto rifle, but no type of on-going permitting (huge fees) like fully auto rifles should be included.
Has anyone checked the price of any of these semi auto assault look alike rifles lately? As if coughing up the equivalent to a months rent isn't difficult enough? Plus ammo for these things isn't exactly cheap either. The gun grabbers will use any excuse to keep nibbling away at the second amendment. And then they'll say "we didn't get everything we wanted, but it's a start" Gun control only effects people who obey the law. And the last time I checked, murder was also against the law. Charles Manson & his gang didn't have one gun among them. They killed a lot of people. They are still living better than ever on our dime. There is something wrong with the system!

ribka

Ribka, hyperbole be thy name.

(I note that your hyperbolic and racial attack on our President has been removed from another thread)

D
Richard

As a combat veteran who served many years with, and defended the lives of many racial, ethnic groups, religious groups, would be interested in the racial card you are playing

Please be specific regarding my racial attacks. My fishing partner, who happens to be black, would love for you to list my racial attacks.

I just showed him your post and he laughed

Richard

As a combat veteran who served many years with, and defended the lives of many racial, ethnic groups, religious groups, would be interested in the racial card you are playing

Please be specific regarding my racial attacks. My fishing partner, who happens to be black, would love for you to list my racial attacks.

I just showed him your post and he laughed
Ahhh the "Race Card". When folks that disagree with you, or have no factual leg to stand on....usually pull out the "race" card to scare you off. It's just some folks knee-jerk reaction any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.