Satsop River Report

Jon Brengan

flyfishing addict
Brrr.... is the word of the day, no fish caught. Two bites for 8 hrs. of fishing. The heater never felt so good. The river looked great 4-5' visability, good color and good flows. Snow/Rain mix throughout the day, windy as all get out this morning, but afternoon that died down. Saw a few rollers at daybreak, my buddy saw a nice steelhead jump clear of the surface. We survived to fish again.
JB

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
I still really like that river...many good memories from my early hardware days. I keep forgetting that water is an option and not to far a drive.

Brrr.... is the word of the day, no fish caught. Two bites for 8 hrs. of fishing. The heater never felt so good. The river looked great 4-5' visability, good color and good flows. Snow/Rain mix throughout the day, windy as all get out this morning, but afternoon that died down. Saw a few rollers at daybreak, my buddy saw a nice steelhead jump clear of the surface. We survived to fish again.
JB
You were probably seeing coho jumping. The Satsop gets a December run of coho... Those winter run steelhead are very, very unlikely to show themselves like that.