Boat suggestions.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
The rapid roberts are almost the same thing. The boat above is an OLD model. The newer ones are built a bit more friendly. Of course they won't cut as well in the water, but it's the "trade off" between a good drift boat and powered boat. But it's workable, depending on what you get. The aluminum boat I had (it was a standard drift boat mind you) with LS 9.9hp ran like a champ, trolled nice, and did what I needed it too. Yeah, you get some sway, but any flat bottomed sled not on plane with main motor did same thing (I know mine did).

You'll be here in time for the Puyallup Sportsman's Show and the Portland Sportsman's Show, both in January. Portland has a lot more. Might get some great ideas at these.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
I agree with going to the Portland show vs the Puyallup show. Love the Puyallup show, don't get me wrong, but the Portland show is A LOT bigger. Plus, getting close to the end of the show season (last show is Redmond for this circuit) so may get a better deal, especially if they have any on the floor. :)

Sweet, I don't think Puyallup is too far - and I believe Portland is within a couple hours. I liked going to the ones here in AK for the same reason, you can usually get some smoking deals.

Puyallup is a close neighbor to Auburn. The Portland show is right across the Columbia so you don't have to deal with Portland traffic. Plan to stay all day.