Swap Soft Hackle swap

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
Clearly I'm not the swapmeister, however I welcome the idea of 3 more participants.
M. Aviator, Great minds think alike I will increase the number of participants to the needed number. I also was going to add that no one needs to be intimidated by a soft hackle swap as nothing fancy needs to be done. A well tied #14 orange soft hackle is just as nice as a #18 mothers day caddis.

I never expected a swap turn out like this.

Bill

zen leecher aka bill w

LD is our last swapper. Please mail your flies by February 10th and two more things to keep in mind, please toe tag your flies, package the flies in a container of some sort (I use a snoose can) and send along a stamped mailing envelope.

Swap signup is closed.

zen leecher aka bill w

I checked one of Sylvester Neme's soft hackle books and found a mother's day caddis taped inside one with an inscription by Syl. So I will tie up a #16 mother's day caddis. Hopefully sometime I will find some running water to drift one thru. It doesn't quite look like a soft hackle as the hun feather is wound around the hook and then gathered up and secured on the top of the hook.

Here is my fly. Yamamoto's double soft hackle. Tan dubbed body with tan henry's fork hackle palmered over that, ribbed with mother of pearl crystal flash, and partridge hackle.
uploadfromtaptalk1358150567314.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2