Just casting practice.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
The weather was just so nice today. I decided to see if I could still cast well enough to fish.. I tried 3 different setups. No love. But I can still get out at least 60 feet. The temps were in the middle 40's and the sun was warm on my back and I didn't need to wear gloves to fish.

If it's like this again tomorrow, I'm going back out to play around again. Heck the wind was also on the warm side. It was coming from the south. The snow is melting and the roads are turning to slush. But it will probably turn cold tonight so what melts will just refreeze. I just can't have it stay like this and then warm up. But it's still January. One can only hope.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
The weather was just so nice today. I decided to see if I could still cast well enough to fish.. I tried 3 different setups. No love. But I can still get out at least 60 feet. The temps were in the middle 40's and the sun was warm on my back and I didn't need to wear gloves to fish.

If it's like this again tomorrow, I'm going back out to play around again. Heck the wind was also on the warm side. It was coming from the south. The snow is melting and the roads are turning to slush. But it will probably turn cold tonight so what melts will just refreeze. I just can't have it stay like this and then warm up. But it's still January. One can only hope.
Out here on the coast we call it Steelhead fishing not casting practice