Swap Beetle-Mania Swap

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
I just received three (3) more packages in the mail today! They are all awesome. I got Richard Torres, Zens, and Kelvins. I think everyone will have fun with these! And, Kelvin, thanks for the big orange bug!!

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
Hopefully mine made it there today.
I received yours in the mail this afternoon. These are nice bugs! They are all nice bugs...excuse me, beetles. I also received Pat Lats, MayflyAviator, and bjornjons. Nice job you guys! Unless I am blind, I don't think I have received Gary Knowels yet. I went fishing today, and I may be somewhat busy tomorrow. I intend to take photos, so not sure if I will be able to get them in the mail until Tuesday. My mail arrives at my mailbox late in the afternoons at 3-3:30PM, so I don't expect Gary's until then.
So, I went fishing today, and of course, I had to try a beetle. I had tied up 4 beetles that I did not use in the swap, so I thought I would give it a try. It was a simple beetle, but I didn't like the way it looked, so I didn't use it in the swap. It was supposed to imitate what is called a Spotted Tiger Beetle. I may post this poor tie later on. Anyway, first cast with a fly that had never been tried....Bingo! Fish on!
I proceeded to catch 6 trout on it today. They were'n't large trout, but small native cutthroats only in the 10-12 inch range. But, what the heck, it was fun! I will post the "Tiger Beetle" later.

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
Hello All. I have everyone's beetles! I went fishing today, so I did NOT get them in the mail. However, I did get closeup photos of all of them, and they will be posted in the Swap Gallery soon. I WILL be putting all of them in the mail tomorrow (Wednesday), so you should have them before the weekend. They are all very kool! I will be sorting and "divi'ing them up tonight. Thank you everyone for participating and any bonus flies you may have passed along! These are all "fish getters".

Got my flies hand delivered. Dryfly Larry and I belong to the same fly fishing club and we had our meeting tonight . The flies look great and I am looking forward to trying them. But first I want to try to tie up some duplicates or at least find the recipes in the books or on the net. Thanks Larry.