Low Tides

Extreme lows give us the opportunity to see what the bottom looks like. This can be especially helpful when we fish a new spot. I usually take a few photographs and maybe pick a few clams:).
Jack

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I agree with all of the above responses.
Tomorrow morning I'm going for my Razor clams here. Then I might find myself wandering out on the tide flats to where I might poke up some sand shrimp so that I can take 'em back to the ocean beaches, lash the little critters to a hook, and proceed with the onerous task of prospecting the incoming tide for surf perch. With bait and a 3 oz pyramid sinker, I might have a chance at finding some Red Tails. Its a thankless job, but somebody has to do it.
I have been scouting the beach for decent looking perch water at various phases of the tide, and have a few spots in mind. (There's a good one about 150 yards north of the decomposing harbor seal carcass).

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
The minus tide was right on schedule yesterday, but the wind and rain rode in on the incoming push, brandishing their sabers and sending me fleeing back into hiding before I could make it to the surf perch spot I had in mind.
Its OK, though. I made wise use of the storm front, and finally finished doing my taxes.:) This frees up the rest of the next 3 days!