MF Snoqualmie last Thursday

That Westslope could have come down from a lake, but also could have come up from the SF. The far upper reach of the SF is dominated by Westslopes.

I doubt that it would have come the SF. The Westslopes on SF are only way up high on it with too many Falls in the way. As you and Joe suggest, I would imagine it likely came from one of the Lakes feeding the MF.

Kent Lufkin

Remember when you could remember everything?
Have Westies been stocked in MF drainage lakes recently?
I don't believe that WSCTs have been planted anywhere west of the Cascade Crest in quite some time (ie. decades) but I can find out and will report back when I have definitive answers. SEPA prohibits stocking of any species now that wasn't already present so pretty much the only fish being planted are CCTs and RBs with a very few Goldens and Browns in very remote lakes.

K

fly-by

Thought that was the case. Perhaps there is a small self sustaining population in the MF. Westslopes seem to show up in pretty unexpected places. I seem to recall a thread where someoned reported catching one in the Sauk.

It's good to see the fish are starting to look up in the MF. Although the runoff is soon going to push them back into hiding.

I think the mayflies you saw were likely to be March Browns, rather than Brown Drakes. The MBs usually are abundant in mid/late April and probably are still showing up on these cold streams.

D

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
Jay,

Thanks for the pic. It is making me anxious to get back on the SF in July.

I love the little fisheez in da little streams. They attack dry flies with abandon.

My 2 weight sees more action than any of my larger rods.

My pic is a typical cuttie that I catch on the upper reaches of the SF.

If it's the purity of the water from the westside rivers that keeps them small, then why are there other S rivers, or just other rivers on the westside with larger resident fish?

If it's the purity of the water from the westside rivers that keeps them small, then why are there other S rivers, or just other rivers on the westside with larger resident fish?