S. Fork Snoq this afternoon

JayH

I hit the upper section around 2:00 this afternoon. A decent mayfly hatch about 2:45-3:00 but nothing rising and nothing striking dries or nymphs. I worked my way up river and found a spot that looked good. Noticed a few fish rising to some very small (gnats?) but couldn't get a thing. I got ready to head back to the truck and decided I'd throw the EHC on and drop a red bead-headed midge behind it and got one of them to take the EHC about 4:45. Good day :)

Way to be persistent and not let them push you around! I'm gonna snoop around somewhere up there tomorrow for a little while. Thanks for the report...

Hi, Can you guys direct me to a good spots to park the car and wade the Upper South Fork? I don't mind hiking to wading. Looking for some good spots that I can hit after work that are close to town.

Cedar

Denny creek, exit 42 and 45. Ollalie State park. There is a forest service road that parallels the sf from exit 42 to 45 that lends easy access to the entire stretch.

Noticed a few fish rising to some very small (gnats?) but couldn't get a thing. I got ready to head back to the truck and decided I'd throw the EHC on and drop a red bead-headed midge behind it and got one of them to take the EHC about 4:45.
Almost the same series of events and times of occurrence for me today too. I got an itty bitty one on a prince nymph mid-afternoon then broke out the EHC just before going home. Got one decent fish and missed another. I also lost a small green foam fly box if anyone happens to find one between Exits 38 & 42. :(

The Fishing Guide is rather confusing for the Snoqualmie Forks. So if I understand correctly the 3 forks above the falls are open year around for C&R?