yakima canyon report

C&CRods

not your average member
If you get a chance to get there.... do it soon. The fish might all explode from eating so many caddis flys.I think you could write "caddis" on a bare hook with a fine point sharpie and they would eat it. Hit the upper canyon at 10 a.m. and put on the nymph setup Reds recommended. Second cast I looked at the bank and saw 2 fish rise, and switch! Straight to an x-caddis, and the rest of the day went as follows...... x- caddis, elk hair caddis, CDC caddis, hot butt caddis, and back to the x. Fished them till they were beat from too many mouths on them. I have to say it was epic. Mostly smaller fish, but quite a few decent sizes very tight to the bank. A small lull from 1 to 3 and then back on hot all the way to 5. I finished early enough to go wade something but my arm hurt so bad from casting ( and catching!) I made the trek home and had such a glorious sleep last night. Hope some others got to go experience this as well,

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
I was drooling over how good the river looked on our drive back from MT yesterday. I think that is where I'm heading next weekend. Writing caddis on a bare hook... that's funny! :D

C&CRods

not your average member
What a great trip! I'm from northwest Montana and have been here about a tear now.... I save all my vacation for 2 weeks of dry flys in September back home. Hope its as good as your trip!

C&CRods

not your average member
Great pics Dustin... none of mine did it justice. I can't count how many I got in my mouth and squashed in my seat

C&CRods

not your average member
Whatever size you had in the box..... I threw every size of every kind... even a few larger patterns with salmon fly's around