8th Annual Kettle River Pontoon Drift - Grand Forks, BC

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by SpeyFitter, Feb 27, 2014.

1. SpeyFitter

SpeyFitter Active Member

Not sure if any of you guys come north of the border but the other website I participate on is flybc.ca which is the equivalent for BCers as this website is for you Washingtonians! Anyways, I went for the first time last year and I'm going again this year, but some guys who live in Grand Forks, BC, have put on and organized a Pontoon Drift on the Kettle and Granby Rivers near Grand Forks for the past 7 going on 8 years. These are pretty cool Trout rivers and fairly mellow drifts (class 1.5 in the sections we do) and are geared towards newer guys who want to get into the drift thing and who would be surrounded by some knowledgeable guys as well as more experienced guys who just want to have an enjoyable time floating down and catching some beautiful rainbow trout with the very odd chance at a brown trout as well, as well as the social aspect is extremely enjoyable. If any of you can attend I highly recommend it - it was an absolute blast last year - lots of great people attending who attend year after year pretty much.
    Here is a link to the thread: http://forum.flybc.ca/index.php?showtopic=47299&st=40&gopid=555451&#entry555451

2. BDD

BDD Active Member

Home Page:
    Looks like this could be a lot of fun. I have always wanted to try these rivers out and this looks like a good opportunity to take advantage of some local knowledge. The only problem is waiting until July.

3. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Media:
    Albums:
    Ah, this explains a lot. I was wondering why you always used the word drift. BC guys 'drift' rivers while in WA we float them (mostly used by anglers) or run them (mostly used by ww boaters).

4. ImperialStoutRunsThruMe

ImperialStoutRunsThruMe Active Member

July 11-14, 2014.....Grand Forks, B.C.

Sounds like a good time. Bit of a drive for me, but I might do it.

5. SpeyFitter

SpeyFitter Active Member

For Canadians: So far we have AT LEAST 26 people who will be drifting.

For Americans: So far we have AT LEAST 26 people who will be floating.

It'll probably be closer to 30+ when you factor in buddies and other people who come but don't post online, etc.

Should be a blast!

6. cj6530

cj6530 Member

BC river guys also fish from "shore" instead of from the bank.

7. mat1226

mat1226 Active Member

This sounds like fun. I never heard of a floatboat by the way. Have had a few driftboats though.;)