1 wt rods under $200?

Jpfish

I am looking to get a cheaper 1 wt rod around 7' for 200 or less. the only rod i have really seen in that price range is the TFO Lefty Kreh Finess rods. Does anyone have any experience with this rod or anything similiar?

thanks for any advice

DKL

Nude to the board
I've had the rod for a few years now. I love it. I have an Orvis BBS I and a double taper line on it. I don't think you'll be sorry if you go with this rod. I considered the Sage TXL in one of the zero wts, and I was told after the fact that I would not have regretted that route, but I couldn't justify the price for the quarry.

DKL

Jpfish

I've had the rod for a few years now. I love it. I have an Orvis BBS I and a double taper line on it. I don't think you'll be sorry if you go with this rod. I considered the Sage TXL in one of the zero wts, and I was told after the fact that I would not have regretted that route, but I couldn't justify the price for the quarry.

DKL
Thanks for that info. i think that is what i will be getting. i dont want to spend a bunch of money on a sage or orvis rod so i think it will be a good choice.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I am looking to get a cheaper 1 wt rod around 7' for 200 or less. the only rod i have really seen in that price range is the TFO Lefty Kreh Finess rods. Does anyone have any experience with this rod or anything similiar?

thanks for any advice
I have a 7'9" 3wt TFO Finesse rod and I use the hell out of it in the summer time. One of the better rods I have found for small skinny water.

I also have 7'6" GL2 4wt that gets lots of use also. But I don't think you can get these anymore.

Plecoptera

Had the TFO 1wt for about a year now, awesome small stream rod! It's all I use on small streams now. At just under 7' its perfect for tight quarters and packs down into a pretty small tube. The tough part was finding a reel and line that weren't outrageously overpriced... which most products in this size are (come on, were talking about 5-10" trout). The Orvis Battenkill I reel is under $100 and weighs in at 2.8 oz. which is the best option I've found so far.

Peyton00

I have always wanted a 1 wt rod. I am using a 3wt on little streams, when i hook a fish under 10", i feel like i am in overkill mode with my setup. The prices for 1wt rod/reels have kept be out of the market.

Fiberglass!!!!! My Cabelas 6'6" 4wt ($75) will make a 6" cutt feel like a hog. You really don't have to go to tiny graphite rods to have fun with small fish, that's where fiberglass rocks and at the same or less $. Something to think about.

IMO, line wt doesn't have as much to do with it as rod action, a full flexing or true medium action rod in a higher line wt will be more fun to fight small fish with than a med fast or fast action rod in a much lower line wt.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing

thanks for any advice
Go with a tenkara rod and be done with it, besides with no reel required there is one less thing to forget !!!!