WTB Deer/Elk rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get my brother a good used rifle for his birthday. He will be hunting mostly in Montana and Utah for deer and elk. I would prefer something like a 30-06. Biggest concern is ammo cost and availability, he is a pretty big guy 6'3" and probably 210 lbs if that makes a difference.

arrow1347

big steelhead on a leach
right or left hand?

I want to get my brother a good used rifle for his birthday. He will be hunting mostly in Montana and Utah for deer and elk. I would prefer something like a 30-06. Biggest concern is ammo cost and availability, he is a pretty big guy 6'3" and probably 210 lbs if that makes a difference.

Derek Young

Emerging Rivers Guide Services
I just picked up a Savage 110 in .270 Win at the Fall City gun shop, for $247...with scope. They have a great selection of used long guns and handguns right now.

Richard E

You should let everyone know what your budget is and what level of firearm you are seeking...you might get more responses if folks have an idea of what you are hoping to find.

You should let everyone know what your budget is and what level of firearm you are seeking...you might get more responses if folks have an idea of what you are hoping to find.
Just something serviceable. I would like to keep it close to $300, I figure I can get a better used rifle for that than one of the walmart combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.