Columbia dam counts ??

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
Yeah, I'm really hoping these past few days at Bonneville become more the norm from here on out. Not sure what to do with myself if my October routine gets all messed up from no fish.

Rob Ast

Evan, not sure it's the same cause, but I know USGS is closing many stream gauges because of the sequester. Perhaps this is a similar situation.

David Dalan

69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E
Could be delays in reporting as well. Almost nothing is moving above the Dalles anyway. Most of the time its a 2 day trip between each lower C dam. They are hiding down low right now. But its changing fast right now.

Joepa

Joe from PA
Wow. What a difference a week makes. On 7/30/13 I think overall we were 28% below last year for all steelhead over Bon, and 7% below last years numbers for wild fish. Now we're less than 10% below last year's overall numbers and 14% above on wild fish. Lets hope that trend continues!

Wow. What a difference a week makes. On 7/30/13 I think overall we were 28% below last year for all steelhead over Bon, and 7% below last years numbers for wild fish. Now we're less than 10% below last year's overall numbers and 14% above on wild fish. Lets hope that trend continues!
I guess it was only a matter of time before someone noticed. ;) The Methow stampede will be on its way soon.

CLO

Future WFF Mod
I talked to a regional biologist and apparently a bulk of the fish are going to the snake river due to doubling hatchery fish counts. Every other system is probably below average.

David Dalan

69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E
I talked to a regional biologist and apparently a bulk of the fish are going to the snake river due to doubling hatchery fish counts. Every other system is probably below average.

No, no, no. I am sure all the fish will be in the Wenatchee and the Meth. No need to come further west. Nothing to see here :)