Enough already, Simms.

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
Just tell everyone that your last name is Simms and you own the company. They'll think you are a god.

Years ago I bought a Simms vest. I spent a bit of time with a thread ripper trying to remove the embroidered name on the breast pocket flap. I got most of it but not all.

TC

speyfisher

Three adds/boot, plus how many more on the waders, gators, vest/rain jacket, ad infinitum. One of the reasons I don't do Simms anymore.

IveofIone

Those stiff plastic logos on the tongues are just the dumbest ever. Fortunately a few minutes with a seam ripper will return the tongue to it's intended purpose.
I would use the word 'tacky' to describe all the commercial grafitti on those boots but they are comfortable and lightweight.
I just got some new LLBean waist high waders that take the opposite approach-tasteful. They have a modest label on the belt loop that simply says: LLBean
Since 1912
Quality Guaranteed

With over 100 years of excellence they don't need to skywrite.

Ive

Those stiff plastic logos on the tongues are just the dumbest ever. Fortunately a few minutes with a seam ripper will return the tongue to it's intended purpose.
I would use the word 'tacky' to describe all the commercial grafitti on those boots but they are comfortable and lightweight.
I just got some new LLBean waist high waders that take the opposite approach-tasteful. They have a modest label on the belt loop that simply says: LLBean
Since 1912
Quality Guaranteed

With over 100 years of excellence they don't need to skywrite.

Ive
Gotta love the LLBean warranty & customer service. They really are in a one-team league

Just found my seam ripper. I've been using it to cut thread when fly tying.
Time to put it to work on the boots but first I have to remove the Wrangler label off my new jeans.:)
Jack

GAT

Dumbfounded
They missed the shoe laces :) I remove a lot of advertisments from all my stuff. I even removed the Members Only logo from my work jacket. :D

We have become a nation of walking billboards. I stopped off for a snack at a fast food restaurant yesterday. Place was filled with kids and young folks. Almost everybody had a tee shirt or hat with a logo.

Then I looked down at my chest. ME TOO!

GAT

Dumbfounded
Simms is overly impressed with their name. They fancy themselves a NASCAR entry.

I have a feeling some companies are selling their name, not a product.

Kcahill

Simms is overly impressed with their name. They fancy themselves a NASCAR entry.

I have a feeling some companies are selling their name, not a product.
I dont know about that my bottom of the line simms boots are some of the most comfortable ive ever had for long walks in waders, I mean have you ever heard anyone complain about their products?

I am not sold on fancy waders the ones I use the most are the LL Bean waist high ones Ive was talking about, but there is no way I am going back to cheap boots.

GAT

Dumbfounded
I for one, had a problem with Simms waders and my dealing with their service dept was less than a joyful experience... so yeah, I've heard of someone who had a complaint about Simms.

However, my wife likes her Simms waders and boots so I'm the odd guy out... but I won't buy Simms products after my encounter with their customer service department.

No problem. I don't go on a vendetta against companies that give me less than satisfactory service, I simply don't buy their products.

One word, btw: Filson. Nobody knows I am wearing the hat. Nobody knows I am wearing the vest. But, it f'ing WORKS every single time it rains, and every single time the sun shines, and every single time I pull on the good leather attached to the good brass zippers. Filson.