MA11 8/12 Report and ?

Dipnet

The wanted posters say Tim Hartman
Just heard here on 8/14 afternoon, via a radio report, that Dash Point Park is closed due to sewage contamination.

That's all I know.

jwg

The News Tribune has an article:
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/08/14/2731278/dash-point-park-beach-closes-due.html

here is part of what it says:

"Any activities that would expose bare skin to the water, or cause the water to be ingested, should be avoided, the department said.
As long as fishermen wear waders and carefully wash and cook their catch, fishing at the park is still safe.
Health officials took additional samples Wednesday to investigate further.
The beach will stay closed until testing shows a safe bacteria level."

Took the boat out for an early AM run in MA11. Beautiful morning with tons of bait at the crack of dawn, so much dimpling the water it looked like rain. 2 for 5 pinks on the fly. Same story of spotty action for the run so far this year. There are fish in the there, but you have to work for them. They seem to hold a bit deeper down as well and I've had more connections on a sinking leader rather than floating line.

ten80

I had good luck off a boat last wednesday using an intermediate line and heavily weighted flashy pink fly. The fish were taking the fly 3-5 ft off the bottom in 12 feet of water. Action was hit and miss as we had to wait for small schools to swim through.

DimeBrite

MA-9 Beach Stalker
If I was writing headlines for The News Tribune it would read "Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department Poo-Poohs Dash Point Pink Salmon Fishery"

The News Tribune has an article:
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/08/14/2731278/dash-point-park-beach-closes-due.html

here is part of what it says:

"Any activities that would expose bare skin to the water, or cause the water to be ingested, should be avoided, the department said.
As long as fishermen wear waders and carefully wash and cook their catch, fishing at the park is still safe.
Health officials took additional samples Wednesday to investigate further.
The beach will stay closed until testing shows a safe bacteria level."