Cedar, almost over for 2013... what's your biggest?

St Croix 8 1/2' 5 weight $100, Redington GD 5/6 about $100, and SA WF line idk maybe $50? Don't have to spend much $ to catch fish... except all those hooks adorning the branches from deep nymphing. :)

seattlee

I got this a long time ago between the golf course and the trailer park. Haven't seen many big ones since then with all the people I see throwing bait on the Cedar now though. I caught it on a size 18 red copper john - thought it was a sockeye initially. I taped it out at 23.75", but it wasn't a great measurement (the fish wouldn't stay still) so it could be off by an inch either way. View attachment 32024

I got this a long time ago between the golf course and the trailer park. Haven't seen many big ones since then with all the people I see throwing bait on the Cedar now though. I caught it on a size 18 red copper john - thought it was a sockeye initially. I taped it out at 23.75", but it wasn't a great measurement (the fish wouldn't stay still) so it could be off by an inch either way. View attachment 32024

PIG!!! Have to wonder if these gigantic guys are summer runs, dontcha? I got mine end of August... when did you get yours?

seattlee

I did wonder if it was summer steel. I don't know how to tell. If you look at the other pic (Cedar Trout 3) I posted of it (as a thumbnail only), it looks very resident rainbow like...the gold hue in the other 2 picks is the sun reflecting off it.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
I did not fish it at all (haven't for a good many years), but having a great time living vicariously through you and seatlee's triumphs...those are some memorable fish to be sure.

I did not fish it at all (haven't for a good many years), but having a great time living vicariously through you and seatlee's triumphs...those are some memorable fish to be sure.
I didn't fish it at all this year, been having a good time with smaller fish in the sky basin on my little toy of a 2-weight... :) just thought it would be fun to see pics, hear the stories, and get a sense of whether the big fish are still in there. :)

I did wonder if it was summer steel. I don't know how to tell. If you look at the other pic (Cedar Trout 3) I posted of it (as a thumbnail only), it looks very resident rainbow like...the gold hue in the other 2 picks is the sun reflecting off it.
I got a couple in a row male and female eighteen and nineteen inches a few minutes apart from a walking speed run above the golf course a bit. I was thinking summer run after I got calmed down a bit.