Rio Skagit MAX 2013 or whatever

E

Evan Virnoche

So who else has casted these new gems?

I picked up the 575 skagit max for my tr 8136 and this stuff absoulety rips. I was casting a 630 skagit compact before, and definetly prefer the 575 over it.

I also made the switch to slick shooter and love this stuff as well.

Who here is running mono or slick shooter? is it normal to look like a retard trying to manage this stuff the first time out?

Ian Broadie

Flyfishing is so "Metal"
I've started using the Rio Slick Shooter on my Meiser 7136 and on my Allen 4108 and I must admit that for the price the stuff is pretty stellar. Went back to a setup with a standard running line last weekend and decided that I need to switch the running line out for more slick shooter.

I am curious about the Skagit Max lines and I'm sure I'll end up getting a couple sooner rather than later.

E

Evan Virnoche

Everything i read reccomended 575 for the tr8136, the 630 was a tad on the heavy side, and was rexcomended to me when i knew even less about spey casting

Everything i read reccomended 575 for the tr8136, the 630 was a tad on the heavy side, and was rexcomended to me when i knew even less about spey casting

Thanks...I am about to purchase a Max and wondered if someone was saying to drop down in weight--like they do when you want to go to a Rage or a Scandi.

David Dalan

69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

I picked up the 575 skagit max for my tr 8136 and this stuff absoulety rips. I was casting a 630 skagit compact before, and definetly prefer the 575 over it.

Who here is running mono or slick shooter? is it normal to look like a retard trying to manage this stuff the first time out?

I bought a reel that had hollow mono on it, and I have fallen in love with it.

cmann886

I do and yes...

E

Evan Virnoche

for 60 bone hairs i will pass, i have heard also that Rio's traditional style running line is not as durable. Something about the mono bunching up in the pvc casing

Ian Broadie

Flyfishing is so "Metal"
Something about the mono bunching up in the pvc casing
Btw 99% of all tangles in running line are the result of user error during the cast and not the running line. I got 4 years out of my Rio Power Core running line before it finally got to a point were it was sticking an no amount of cleaning would bring it back to life.

That being said I like my slick shooter a lot and don't see myself going back to standard running line any time soon.

Thanks,

-Ian