Amazing video of a 41.7", 35 lb brown trout

Benjy

Wow. This video actually angered me. Besides the impressive nature of the fish itself, there are so many lessons in this video that it's hard to know where to begin. I'm going to assume that this fish was intended to be retained and eaten, because if not then the way that this fish was handled is simply inexcuseable. These guys should have had a net to land that fish. I've never seen such a beautiful animal so mishandled in my life. My jaw hit the floor when I saw that fish being tossed on the bank like that. I could go but I won't. I'm too mad.
Give me a break. That was awesome.

tinman207

I watched for a while and then skipped forward....then said..."wait...where is his rod and why is he swimming with his face under water?"....then went back and ended up watching the while thing.
Awesome....confusing....weird.....outstanding fish though. If I were there in person, I probably would have been dying laughing when he started literally swimming.

It reminded me of the Blair Witch project when he was running. Amazing fish though. I wonder what country it was caught in. In some European countries it's actually illegal to catch and release.

Germany and Switzerland prohibit C&R. All fish must be taken. They consider Catch and Release as torturing the fish so they would rather have you kill them.

"In Switzerland and Germany catch and release fishing is considered inhumane and is now banned"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch_and_release

It reminded me of the Blair Witch project when he was running. Amazing fish though. I wonder what country it was caught in. In some European countries it's actually illegal to catch and release.

The dude has mad wading skills with his sneakers on. I would have been ass over tea kettle multiple times not to mention in cardiac arrest running after that fish like that.
To me, him running down stream in sneakers was the most amazing part of the video. Oh and nice fish.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free