Help with new waders?

Cole L

Fish Fiend
Which should I get: Simms Freestones, Cabelas guidewear pro, or Redington Sonic pro? Been through 2 pairs of cheap waders in the past year and need something reliable that I can wear year round.

Josh

dead in the water
I'd take a look at the Orvis Silver Sonic waders. Cheaper than the Redingtons and the same technology. You lose the handwarmer pocket but gain a cool flip out waterproof pocket for cell phones/keys etc. Orvis treats people right as far as customer service as well.

I have a sportsmans warehouse cheap pair,Simms g4,and just got a pair of the Orvis silver sonic. Go with a pair of the Orvis n korkers boots

E

Evan Virnoche

The dryfts have my attention plus im a flat bill wearing puffy jacket young punk and there style look hip to the jiggy fresh

Peyton00

2 pairs of waders in one year. Is this due to leaks from pin holes or seams giving out from beating the bush or ....?
I suggest you get a pair with a quality warranty.

E

Evan Virnoche

2 pairs of waders in one year. Is this due to leaks from pin holes or seams giving out from beating the bush or ....?
I suggest you get a pair with a quality warranty.
peyton in his defense i have burned through patagonia's, and a a pair of brand new simms in the 1 1/2 years. The Simms being the shortest living at 7 months

Kyle Smith

DBA BozoKlown406
All waders will get pinhole leaks. They are all practically the same material. The difference seems to be in how well-constructed they are. The new Orvis and Redington waders have just about proven themselves as the best wader for under $300.
I have the Silver Sonics, and I feel like with a tube or two of Aquaseal they should give me 2-3 years no problem.
The convertible to waist-high feature is nice, too. It makes wading a 50-degree creek on a warm day a lot easier, and it's easy to pee.

Hillbilly Redneck

wishin i was fishin
My Muck bootfoot Simms have more Aquaseal than Gore-Tex on them now after about 4 or 5 years of abuse. I'm looking to replace them and have been eye balling the Orvis bootfoots. The only thing is it looks like they have no chest pocket. I never wear a vest or anything. Everything I need goes in my chest pocket. The search for the perfect bootfoot continues. Off to the store to get another tube of Aquaseal.