Line Recomendations Sage One 7126

Josh P

Just wanted to get others input on lines that paired nicely with this rod. Bought a 500 grain Skagit Max and 435 grain Skandi for this rod. Haven't had a lot of time to mess with the Skandi yet but Im thinking about trying a 540 or 500 Skagit head. Usually fishing 10'-12' of T-11.

steve s

I have the 7126 and love it. When I first got it, I tried the suggested 500 skagit flight, it felt okay but not exactly what I was looking for. I happened to have a 475 skagit short and tried that with 10' T11 and for me, that is a dream combo. Super light in hand, easily handles bigger flies and fish. I like this combo so much that I'm selling my 8136 cause I just don't use it. I've seen other people suggest a 525 short but the 475 is so lightweight and effortless to cast that I don't need another line.

Steve

golfman44

5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
You could call up Steve Godshall and get a custom line fit to the exact specs of the rod. It will most likely be cheaper than going with an off the shelf generic rio too. Cast better for less $$

I have used a 540 gr with a tip but have found that I like a mid-belly 560 gr full line better. Rio recommends 510 - 525 or somewhere in that neighborhood depending on the line.

rustybee

525 Skagit Flight pairs perfectly with this rod for me.
That said the grain window for this rod is wide and it all boils down to your casting style/tempo.

I suggest a RIO Skagit Flight of 525gr for the 10'-12' tips.

The Skagit Flight 500gr would be great with shorter tips.

Scandi of 435gr-450gr is my personal preference.

Regards,
FK