Would you rather...

Would you rather....

• Total voters

Lugan

Joe Streamer
Lose the fish. 90% of fishing to me is the game, and the game is whether I can fool a fish into eating my fake food presentation. So in my mind, I would have 90% caught a state record (and it would be a brown trout, by the way).

Lose the fish. 90% of fishing to me is the game, and the game is whether I can fool a fish into eating my fake food presentation. So in my mind, I would have 90% caught a state record (and it would be a brown trout, by the way).
I could not have said it any better.

KevinLS

Lose the fish. Lugan has it right. At least you know your doing it right, and have a heck of a fish story to tell around the fire. I hate getting skunked...

I'd take the 3 day skunking solely because it's a longer time spent fishing. I don't mind getting skunked and don't get angry about losing a fish either so the particulars of this example don't matter much to me.

Yeeeaaahh, because losing a big fish is like, waaayy important. In the grand scheme of things.
I'm not sure what I said came across the way you may have understood it.

I would much rather have loved someone, and lost them, than lose a big fish. Loving someone doesn't even compare to much of anything else in this life.

Having a big fish on and losing it is what keeps us coming back. I lost a huge bow years ago on one of my favorite rivers. My cousin was with me, and was downstream of me. He saw the fish go by as it headed for parts unknown. I took a 7+ pounder years before, and Cuz said that it dwarfed that one.! Anyway, I couldn't stop the fish, and couldn't follow it down. Hook eventually pulled and I lost it. Been sick ever since, and often return to that area, swing the same fly in the same place, but to no avail. But yes, definitely better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all. I think of that fish often... hmmmmm

I do hope you were playing a different themed version of 'would you rather' with your kids than the way we play it...
Didn't matter. The last question to my 6 yr old daughter was, "Would you rather marry someone whose last name was Wilkenstienshoemakerdroften or Doo Doo?"

Needless to say, we lost them after that question...:D

Interesting replies, with just as interesting reasons...

Sometimes I go back and forth, but ultimately would rather get skunked. I guess it's the competitor in me. I'm sure many here would consider themselves competitive, but that's the beauty of what makes us so different.

I've been in 9 championship games in 3 different sports in my life, and lost all 9. Six of them by less than one score, at the "buzzer" and /or with time running out, 2 of those, because I missed the buzzer shot, and 1 because I picked off the ball as time expired, ran 37 yrds...and taken out at the 1 and a half yard line. I'm still haunted by the "what if".

There's no consolation for me, for making it to the final game. Maybe if I had won just one of those, my feeling about losing a state record would be different...

Losing sucks! :rolleyes:
Yeah but you were in the game!!! You had a chance, and you got to play the game!!! Do you have any idea how many people never get a chance to play in the big game with a championship on the line?
Give me a chance at the fish of a lifetime. If I lose it so be it, but at least I would have had a chance and got to be in the game!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free