Tippet Rings...

I don't really see this as faster or easier so don't see the point but I guess if it works for someone more power to them. I will continue to use surgeon's knots.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
I have been using the oval rings for some time when I make furled leaders and have not had any trouble with them at all. they make for a nice union between the leader & the tippet

psycho

OMJ I presume that your portfolio does not have shares of Tippet Rings Inc. in it, those of us heavily weighted to TPI thing that they are the best thing since apple pie.:D It helps if we can convince others of the greatness of the products of TPI also.:D

Fly fishermen these days are too "gadget-crazed".

They have been for the last forty years that I know of.

Some gadgets get the job done, some are just window dressing.

I suppose that the transition from horsehair and silk lines was
looked on as too novel by some crusty old geezers like me.
But I do have vinyl lines and plastic leaders. AND, I have never had to dry a vinyl line after use. Never.

They have been for the last forty years that I know of.

Some gadgets get the job done, some are just window dressing.

I suppose that the transition from horsehair and silk lines was
looked on as too novel by some crusty old geezers like me.
But I do have vinyl lines and plastic leaders. AND, I have never had to dry a vinyl line after use. Never.
I guess i just view moving from horsehair/silk to vinyl/plastic is more an advancement of technology, while tippet rings, leader straighteners, and other weird stuff i see at fly shops are just "fluff". Just my silly opinion. lol. I'm sure people would look at my pack of fishing crap and say i have too much "fluff" too. Believe me, i'm not a weirdo saying everyone needs to fish with homemade bamboo rods and horsehair... it's just that when i look through the "accessories" aisle at the fly shop i just have to laugh to myself.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
The tippet rings on my furled leaders work great. I bought some loose rings from the supplier; pricey little buggers, but for some reason that escapes me I haven't used them on mono leaders yet.

Smalma

I doubt that tippet rings or swivels would be legal on fly only waters. Either could be considered to be weight attached to the line or line.

Curt